Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Give me all your stuff!!!....Wait was that smart!?  (Read 3533 times)

Phreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Give me all your stuff!!!....Wait was that smart!?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 02:46:41 am »

God people if you really want to kill the elves with your dorfs then just use Runesmith and turn them to invaders or something so that you can see if a dwarf in full armor and a good weapon will win against an elf in rope read clothes and wooden(ftw?) sword. Heh dumb elves. Who came up with the idea of elves being so environmental?

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 02:59:41 am »

Tarn... Or possibly Zack couse he dose a lot of design too.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:30 am »

until they starve to death.

They won't do that. Currently only your dwarves need food and drink, invaders and traders, as well as miscellaneous animals, don't.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 03:49:31 am »

Madness will happen
the elves will start in-fighting
kill the survivor
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 03:50:29 am »

until they starve to death.

They won't do that. Currently only your dwarves need food and drink, invaders and traders, as well as miscellaneous animals, don't.
WTF!? Why?

SenorPiquante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that's Optimus Prime wearing a sombrero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 08:44:29 am »

Madness will happen
the elves will start in-fighting
kill the survivor

Well, even if they won't starve, they'll go berserk and turn on each other if they're kept from leaving for long enough. I just need to incorporate some cage/weapon traps in the design.
Twitter: The only place where it is acceptable to say "I noticed that her and I had a lot of the same interests, so I started following her."

The Dwarf Fortress forums: The only place where a discussion of an Elf king who splattered a dragon across a fortress wall with two hammerstrikes can be derailed into the economy crash of 1929.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 08:58:34 am »

[...] Who came up with the idea of elves being so environmental?

Environmental?  I'll agree with the "mental" part, but I can't bring myself to see them as some benevolent woodland protector species.  They're vile monopolists of the worst sort.  I mean, they bring you all sorts of wooden goods, but then use the flimsy pretense of protecting the trees to put pressure on anyone trying to move into their wooden "goods" market.  They aren't protecting trees, they're protecting their price gouging!

Think about it.  Trees grow back all the time.  What about your hematite? Gold nuggets? Star sapphires?  Do *they* ever grow back?  THe only rock that replenishes is obsidian, and that's claimed more lives than any war (magma being too darned distracting for many good dwarfs, especially when the booze supply is too close to the magma reservoir...) Personally, I think rocks deserve more "environmental" protection than any tree.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 09:49:18 am »

Elves being highly environmental is at least understandable, even if disagreeable. Get your head around the fact that despite being nature lovers, they're also a-ok with cannibalism and eating other intelligent life. They take issue at hunting down a boar or deer for food but see nothing wrong with hunting down a dwarf or goblin for meat.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 05:38:08 am »

[...] Who came up with the idea of elves being so environmental?

Environmental?  I'll agree with the "mental" part, but I can't bring myself to see them as some benevolent woodland protector species.  They're vile monopolists of the worst sort.  I mean, they bring you all sorts of wooden goods, but then use the flimsy pretense of protecting the trees to put pressure on anyone trying to move into their wooden "goods" market.  They aren't protecting trees, they're protecting their price gouging!

Think about it.  Trees grow back all the time.  What about your hematite? Gold nuggets? Star sapphires?  Do *they* ever grow back?  THe only rock that replenishes is obsidian, and that's claimed more lives than any war (magma being too darned distracting for many good dwarfs, especially when the booze supply is too close to the magma reservoir...) Personally, I think rocks deserve more "environmental" protection than any tree.

That should be sigged if possible.

Phreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 09:42:00 am »

Ok people new goal, work on triming down that quote fo use in a sig. Almost completly off topic...
Pages: 1 [2]