Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Uhhh, where is the caravan?

(1/2) > >>

Lost Requiem:
I've waited 2 years now for my mountain home to come bearing their trades and their liaison and their small armies of drunks. They haven't arrived. Everyone else has arrived (Including the elves who seem to want wood now just so they have a reason to be pissed off), but not the dwarves. As a matter of fact, the Gobs haven't been appearing either to shove my fortress into the magma sea. What the hell?! I've been waiting for some army to come and wreck shit and destroy my fortress. THe Elves seem to be pacifist (even when half their merchants were killed one season during a goblin ambush, back when I actually got them), the Humans are the only way I can export things right now what with the dwarves being MIA. And now there's no way I can dig into Hell despite there being 4 entrances (Pathfinding issues).

Wait, I just thought of something. Could the lack of dwarven caravans be a result of having my population at its cap? Can this, too, be a bug?

Christes:
Are you getting immigrants?  It's fairly common now for civilizations to die out during worldgen.  If that happened to the dwarven civs, then you will not get caravans or migrants (except for possibly one migrant wave at the beginning)

To doublecheck, press c and look at the dwarven civilization.  Does it have leaders?  If no, then your civilization is probably dead.

gopa4:
Sounds like your parent civ is dead, and sounds like the gobbos died out as well. Have you not recieved immigrants as well? Ninjad lol

Lost Requiem:
No, the civ isn't dead. They have a King, an outpost Liaison, a general, and a diplomat.

The goblin civ has a law giver. I think they're dead.

And again, I said I hit my population cap. I'm not getting any more immigrants.

gopa4:
Sometimes they take a while, it took my dwarven caravan a couple of years to show up which I thought was kinda odd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version