Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

The story of Sam

(1/2) > >>

gopa4:
On my latest fort I ran into the most amazing and hardy dwarf I have ever seen. Several years into the fort I decide I want to try and go Barony so I appoint a sheriff who instantly allows me to appoint a captain of the guard. I appoint my oldest, strongest miner, who is equipped with a steel pick. A few months go by and as I'm scrolling through the units screen and notice one of my woodcutters is "resting" I zoom to him and he is in his bed and there is blood everywhere. At first I think he just exploded, he has a red wound to the head, both legs, and an arm. One of my doctors scoops him up and carries him to the hospital and diagnosis him. A fractured skull, both legs are broken and torn open and his arm is shredded. The doctor goes off to the well to fetch a bucker to clean his wounds.

I start scrolling through my unit list and see my miner flashing the job beat criminal after he finished drinking. I see that he is heading to the hospital so I lock the door, and change my captain of the guard to a mere farmer. But its too late, John, the miner, heads up through the roof access hatch and beats Sam again. Blood explodes everywhere, then John heads off to grab some lunch. The doctor comes in, pauses in the doorway. I can only imagine him looking around going WTF???. He cancels his clean patient job and diagnosis him again, he has fractures through out his body, every limb is fractured and shredded. Months go by and my water sources freeze over. But just before Sam dies of dehydration  the final splint goes into place he hops up and gets a drink. Eventually Sam and John become close friends, and Sam invites John to his wedding.

Ten_Tacles:
This is dwarf fortress, where you beat a invalid person up and invite him to your wedding.

gopa4:
After digging through the justice records I'm fairly sure that John beat him the first time, went grabbed a brink of booze then finished the job.

Creamcorn:
I Lold so hard. This is why I love Dwarf Fortress, Beyond Quality indeed.

Hmm...

--- Code: ---Beyond QualityBeyond Quality      Beyond QualityBeyond Quality  Beyond Quality        Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality     Beyond Quality Beyond Quality                  Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality
Beyond QualityBeyond Quality      Beyond QualityBeyond Quality     Beyond QualityBeyond Quality
Beyond Quality     Beyond Quality Beyond Quality                       Beyond Quality 
Beyond QualityBeyond Quality      Beyond QualityBeyond Quality   Beyond Quality

Beyond QualityBeyond Quality   Beyond Quality                                   Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality    Beyond Quality Beyond QualityBeyond Quality                     Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality    Beyond Quality Beyond Quality    Beyond Quality   Beyond QualityBeyond Quality
Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality  Beyond Quality    Beyond Quality Beyond Quality  Beyond Quality
  Beyond QualityBeyond Quality   Beyond Quality    Beyond Quality   Beyond QualityBeyond Quality

Beyond QualityBeyond Quality    Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality     Beyond QualityBeyond Quality
Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality  Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality  Beyond Quality    Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality  Beyond Quality
  Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality   Beyond QualityBeyond Quality       Beyond Quality  Beyond Quality

Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality           Beyond Quality         Beyond Quality        Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality                     Beyond QualityBeyond Quality    Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality           Beyond Quality           Beyond QualityBeyond Quality
Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality           Beyond Quality                 Beyond Quality
Beyond Quality   Beyond Quality           Beyond Quality           Beyond Quality
--- End code ---

Shaostoul:
That... is AMAZING! Oh my lord... That is just... WOW!

And then you've got Creamcorn's thing... LAWL!

I'm dieing here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version