Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Awe yeah.

<< < (2/3) > >>

existent:
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Sedimentary_layer

Read this, it seems that a couple of you are talking about this.

Jackrabbit:

--- Quote from: Biag on July 04, 2010, 06:24:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 04, 2010, 06:19:00 pm ---With the new version? Gold and more gold and more gold and more gold and then bituminous coal, which was weird.

Funny because gold's just as useless as it is in real life without the added bonus of providing a stable economy.

Dwarfunism does not need gold!

--- End quote ---

Uhh, what about decking out your fortress guard in WICKED SICK GOLD ARMOR?

...Even though the goblins would just laugh and bite through their armor. It would be cool. In theory.

--- End quote ---

In theory, yes. But it comes down to whether I think it's cooler to see Goblin limbs flying all over the place or Dwarven ones. I'll stick with steel until I'm feeling particularly sadistic.

Solace:
I'm not sure if this is fixed in the newer version or not, but on a few maps I'd have layers of obsidian... about halfway filled with massive veins of gold and aluminum. Nearly caused a z-section collapse trying to mine all that stuff out, I thought it'd stop eventually. :P

existent:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 04, 2010, 06:30:52 pm ---In theory, yes. But it comes down to whether I think it's cooler to see Goblin limbs flying all over the place or Dwarven ones. I'll stick with steel until I'm feeling particularly sadistic I start channeling my inner dwarf.

--- End quote ---

existent:

--- Quote from: Solace on July 04, 2010, 06:33:02 pm ---I'm not sure if this is fixed in the newer version or not, but on a few maps I'd have layers of obsidian... about halfway filled with massive veins of gold and aluminum. Nearly caused a z-section collapse trying to mine all that stuff out, I thought it'd stop eventually. :P

--- End quote ---
That's not a bug either.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Igneous_extrusive_layer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version