Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 286569 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1740 on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:09 pm »

Balta is the reason dwarves invented duct tape. Had to hold the bits together with SOMETHING.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 24, 2013, 11:18:25 pm »

I at least got a large mention for something other then undeserved jail time... I don't rember what the mandate was, but I'm still an Engraver. I don't handle making items.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Pittsy

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me get the paper cup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 25, 2013, 08:23:38 am »

The Bourgeoisie is always shifting the blame. Just like every government, really.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #1743 on: May 25, 2013, 08:52:42 am »

May I have a dwarf?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:50 am »

Unfortunately, he closed dwarfing since we're almost done with the fortress.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #1745 on: May 25, 2013, 12:37:49 pm »

Ah, that's okay.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 06, 2013, 10:11:55 am »

Events of the, 18th of Felsite 326

Sodel Larkubuk the hauler was outside at the north of Towersoared gathering garbage when the alarm was sounded.  Naturally, he was outside the wall.  A swarm of bolts cascaded around him as he scrambled to get to safety.  Unfortunately, they were between him and safety.  He dove off a small slope as a mass of bolts nearly cut him in two.  A small burst of pain as one bolt clipped his leg.

Scrambling to his feet, he began running as fast as he could.  A kobold spearmaster was leading the pack of Kobolds.  Sodel had no doubt if that spearmaster caught him, he'd be dead in an instant.  But then he zigged, when he should have zaged.  He felt a burst of pain in his gut.  Then in his leg and arm.  He collapsed vomiting to the ground.  Then a bolt took him in the head and Sodel was no more. 

Endok the Mason was out working on the latest section of the fortress wall and didn’t hear the shouts of alarm.  He hardly knew what hit him when a bolt cut straight through his throat.  He bled to death in moments.

Dragonshardz, in his adamantine armor was fighting hard.  One, then two Kobolds feel to his sword.  Then a burst of pain as he took three arrows in the gut.  He gasped in pain as he collapsed to the ground.  In spite of months of training, his constitution was still not as good as the other members of the military. 

Derm was glorying in the battle as always.  He casually killed four Kobolds while dodging hail of bolts.  To be honest, he wasn't entirely interested in this battle.  Assaulting the adamantine and the demons once more, now that was exciting.

Cog’s Journal, 22nd of Felsite 326

According to the after action report, we have 6 dwarves injured and two dead after today's siege.  I've once again forbidden all items up in the hill to try and keep everyone closer to the fort.  Three military members were injured.  Two with mild cuts but Dragonshardz was once again injured quite badly.  I believe he will still survive though. 

The biggest downside is that this is going to take away from Balta’s treatment.  Once the military has recuperated, we'll look into attacking the adamantine. 

OOC: So a bit of a disastrous siege.  It just goes to show how much of a difference there is between the long term professional military and the recent additions.  I had to run it fast so I could get this update posted so no screenshots today.  On that note, I’m going to be away on vacation for about 10 days, so expect the next update in about 2 weeks. 

@Argonnek: Thanks kindly, I really appreciate it. 

@Paaaad: Most of the first generation is over 100 years old now.  There’s a fairly insane age difference between the old and young in this fortress.  There’s still a lot of work left on the list to get Balta back on his feet.

@Pittsy: Heh, brilliant. Water drinking  as an insult, I love it.

@Triaxx2: Indeed, we can rebuild him faster and stronger!

@Julien Brightside: Thanks for stopping in!  Sorry I can’t dwarf you, but with so little story left it just wouldn’t be fair.  On the other hand, once the story is finished I’ll be posting the fortress.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 06, 2013, 06:05:38 pm »

I suppose the silver lining with all these injurys is the training the doctors get... Oh well. At least none of them are hurt.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 09, 2013, 01:05:01 pm »

I suppose the silver lining with all these injurys is the training the doctors get... Oh well. At least none of them are hurt.
huzzah! more spare parts to play with

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:46 pm »

I completely forgot I even had a dorf here.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 18, 2013, 02:24:23 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 2nd of Hematite 326

Since the main military will need about a month to recuperate, I've dispatched the archer squad to the second cave level in an attempt to kill the beast lurking down there. 

The medical wing has been busy for the last few days, but it appears everyone is still healing up nicely.  I'm still concerned about Balta though, he's been in medical for a long time.  He's beginning to look a bit pale in spit of the treatment he's received so far. 

Events of the 9th of Hematite 326

Adker was the first to make it to the second cave levels combat zone.  The beast was clearly visible.  He began firing his arrows until one bit home through the beast's head and it stopped moving. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cog’s Journal, 2nd of Malachite 326

I'm sorry to have to report that after a long fight with his injuries, Balta has succumbed to an infection.  The doctors worked tirelessly to get him back in shape, but it appears the fates were not on his side. 

We’ve had a number of tragic losses in the past few months, in spite of our best efforts. 

OOC: So I'm back from my vacation.  I had a thought while I was away that you all might like.  As I've mentioned, life makes it pretty much impossible for me to play regularly longer although I should be able to push through to the end of the year fairly soon.  That said, there's no reason why the fortress couldn't continue. 

Would anyone interested in continuing this as a succession fortress once I finish this year?  Obviously it'll be a challenging fortress to run with low FPS but if there is interest, I'll update the thread op with some links to help make it manageable.  Also if it's continuing, I'll leave it up to the new managers whether they want to take dwarf requests.  I'm going to pass for now in the interest of getting this year finished.  Obviously you claim a dwarf as your own once you become the manager.  Anyhow, let me know what you think and if you’re interested!  If there is enough interest in taking a shot at the fortress, I'll start a succession list. 

@Paaaad: Sorry about the death of your dwarf, I assure you they did all they could.  Actually, I'm still impressed he survived getting repeatedly choke slammed by a forgotten beast.  As for a replacement, I think I've got a solution as mentioned above. 

@automaton: Indeed.  Good thing you're there to fix everyone else up.

@dragonshardz: Indeed, a legendary engraver and military member in training.  :-)

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 18, 2013, 03:24:40 pm »

That's atcually the first dwarf I've had die... That wasn't, you know, on my computer... I've lost quite a few adventurers... As for succession, If I took a turn it would most likley consist of just maintnence... And mabey my finding a spot for the Pantheon.

Still, Infection is a bit anticlimactic. Oh well.

Edit: Just checked, and I asked to be Dwarfed 1 year, 4 days ago. I was dwarfed 6 days later. That's quite the run.  :o

Edit: Actually, it was 2 years 4 days.  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:42:19 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »

I would like a milatry dwarf

Male or female

Wields axe and shield
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 20, 2013, 10:12:00 pm »

I would like a milatry dwarf

Male or female

Wields axe and shield

Sorry, but Dwarfing's been closed for while now. See the last few updates for more.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 25, 2013, 11:23:30 pm »

bump
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118