Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 286443 times)

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1410 on: December 15, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »

Derm's Journal – Combat Exercise Project #4 – 25th of Felsite, 323

With the success of my last mental exercise, I believe it is now time to try fighting four dwarves.  We are inspecting a storage room, all my squad turns on me.  All of us are fully equipped with adamantine.  This leaves me with a 5 vs 1 fight.  The question is can I handle five adamantine equipped elite dwarves?

The answer to this one is unsurprising to me.  I could easily take them down given enough time. 

So let us extend this mental exercise.  The rest of the military dispatches out after hearing the commotion.  They decide that I’m the murder and thus must kill me as well. 

The key is to keep moving, never let them surround you.  Whittle them down in numbers, bleed their strength out. 

I estimate the following deaths at the hand of my axe:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The rest of the military are either ineffective or crippled beyond any ability to fight. 

OOC: So I just set Derm on a rampage against the entire military, militia and he took them all down without injury.  He also started shredding into the civilian population of the fortress since I set Derm to be an invading visitor using runesmith.  The combat log is far too long to post, but posted a list of Derms kills, he’s completely uninjured.  Suffice to say, he single-handedly defeated Towersoared in this test.  The only bigger challenge I can think of at this stage is the entire military in a small room vs Derm.  I’m really seriously considering putting him solo on the front line when I breach the depths, but more likely I’ll put the squad backing him up. 

Also, it’ll be a few days until my next update.  I’ve got to run through spring again since the seasonal autosave managed to occur right in the middle of the fight and my pre-fight backup got corrupted.  It’s not a huge loss but it is frustrating.  It’s only 3 months lost and not much happened in that time.  I’ll be posting an update introducing any differences between the last 3 month period and this one.  I’ve already made sure to assign Anderz as the same dwarf as last time. 

@dermonster: If you liked the last one, you’ll love how this one turned out!  Even if it did cost me the season it was worth it!

@kisame12794: Indeed he is!

@Triaxx2: I’ll look into doing that once I’ve gotten caught back up.  In the meantime there is a copy from the 1st of granite 318 available on the file depot!  I believe you tower was done by then, if not a new version will be available in the near future. 

@Mjattie: Consider it done and welcome to the fortress.  I’ll have your dwarf selected and introduced during the next update when I introduce any changes induced by the temporal warp.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:46:31 pm by Battlecat »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 15, 2011, 01:17:05 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:10 pm »

Derm has to be the most epic and strongest dwarf in the history of DF. I bet that if you crack hell open now the demons would run away in fear for Derm desperately trying to get away and pushing each other in the magma.

Edit: Which reminds me. Can you show us Derm's skills with the Runesmith? I saw it being used onces in headshoot to show Holistic detective and Nemo's strength, but I think Derm is much higher then them. I'll try to find a a spread sheet of their skills.

Second Edit: Here:

Having a skill of 15 means Legendary which means that Nemo was 5.7 times better then a regular Legendary swordsman.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:16:09 am by Blead »
NOT a friendly dwarf.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 15, 2011, 04:13:07 pm »

a) 15 is legendary.
b) YOU KILLED ME YOU FUCK

Derm's like Towersoared's Batman. He's totally awesome and spends his free time studying the best ways to kill the rest of the Justice League.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:15:24 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 15, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »

Pahahahahaha!

I think that If I can take down an entire fortresses LEGENDARY FULLY MASTERWORK ADAMANTINE EQUIPPED millitary, WITHOUT A SINGLE SCRATCH, I can solo hell.
Possibly.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:13 pm »

can always save a copy of the fortress to see if derm can solo hell, and have an offical events copy.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 15, 2011, 06:21:06 pm »

NOT a friendly dwarf.

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 17, 2011, 12:00:55 am »

Tell Derm to take a big bite of the cotton candy after you cave in the only exit, then see how much Fun he can take on solo.

Oh yeah, and Derm has to clean up the mess he made.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:49:16 am by Mjattie »
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 17, 2011, 12:18:56 am »

That's hilarious.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 19, 2011, 01:47:06 am »

ALL HAIL GRIMNIR THE SLAYER GODS INCARNATION :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 22, 2011, 12:42:54 am »

Did you die?
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 04, 2012, 12:01:42 pm »

OOC: My apologies for the latest protracted delay, issues beyond my control flattened me which I will explain below.  Also, just a reminder, the following is a repeat of the first 3 months of 324 due to file corruption.

Cog’s Journal, 1st of Granite 324

I woke up this morning with the oddest sense of déjà vu along with a feeling that a great deal of work that should be complete was not done yet.  I went over the work logs and there’s a lot on the schedule for the next few months.  There was also a fairly nasty nightmare about Derm slaughtering half the fortress which left me quite uneasy.  But no déjà vu, I’d remember seeing something like that. 

One of the first things that came up was a conversation with one of our haulers.  He was hoping to be promoted to train as a marksdwarf, he mentioned having an excellent dream about joining the military, even if it did have a rather bloody ending.  I was happy to allow this; in fact I could swear I’d done it already.  Regardless, I added Anderz to our marksdwarf squad and sent him off to find his gear ASAP. 

Cog’s Journal, 14th of Granite 324

My son just finished creating an elegant orthoclase ring.  Odd, I expected more religious overtones on it for some reason, but instead there is a picture of an earlier artifact ring created back in 319.

It’s a lovely addition to our artifact collection. 

Cog’s Journal, 26th of Granite 324

It seems the entirety of Derms squad is now equipped with adamantine armor.  That went far faster than I expected.  The rest of the military is next up for being equipped. 

Cog’s Journal, 2nd of Slate 324

Another unexpected turn of events, Today another hauler approached me about a name change but no interest in changing careers.  He is now known as Mr. Anderson. 

I’m sure he has a plan, after this many years, everyone does. 

OOC: I really have to stop making a habit of getting flattened by my life.  The latest issue this month were two rounds of stomach flu symptoms that turned out to be appendicitis.  It’s probably good for everyone to know that early appendicitis presents flu like symptoms after large meals.  :)  Anyhow, I’ve been recovering for most of the holiday season and I just plain forgot to post a note here which I apologize for.  I’m back and I’ll try to get things rolling again.  Next update will be me trying to catch up with lost time. 

@dermonster: Your next test in a few updates will be you in a room with the entire military against you.  Might be slightly more fair for everyone else in the fortress.  You might like what I’ve posted for Blead below. 

@Blead: I certainly can show that information.  To say he’s Legendary is probably an insult to Derm’s prowess:

@Urist Imiknorris: He certainly does seem to have the number of every other dwarf in the fortress. 

@Karakzon: I like the way you think.  I’ll certainly keep a backup copy off to one side when I breach the fun and I’ll put Derm to the ultimate test using it.

@Mjattie: I live, sorry about the long delay.  Due to the delays in catching up on the lost months, I’ve introduced your dwarf above!  Also, for your hillside project, I highly recommend looking at the section of hillside above the obsidian factory.  I’ve got plans for the hillside above the main entrance but there's lots of space on the other slope. 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:58 pm »

Holy hell!

I broke the damn scale!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »

Dermonster:Taking Badassery to a whole new level.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 04, 2012, 01:07:08 pm »

Derm... the dwarf that doesn't need to be creative, because all problems look like they can be solved the same way. "What we have army coming? I'll go out and kill them all." "But Derm that army is over a million strong." "Oh, good point. I might have to use some strategy on this battle. I think I'll run at them very fast and swing my axe at anything that moves until everyone stops moving."
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 118