Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

more control over what's used for what

(1/1)

Calenth:
It'd be really nice if it were easier to establish some degree of control over what's used for what. i'd love an option to make my artifacts always use the best materials available, or to set bauxite to only be for use in mechanisms, or to mandate that my rock crafts only use obsidian. Thoughts?

Neonivek:
I think artifacts should be more random then they currently are.[ June 05, 2008: Message edited by: Neonivek ]

Duke 2.0:
Perhaps tieing a workshop to a specific stockpile? Heck, multiple stockpiles. Then you can choose which task gets materials from which stockpiles.

Veroule:
I have said it before and I will say it again.  The solution is simple.  The current method when a construct object job selects a dwarf is that usable material closest to the dwarf is selected for the job.  This need to be changed to the closest usable material to the workshop.If I understand the rough object programming structures Toady used correctly, then it would be around 5 lines of code to make this change.

Techhead:
Construct object is supposed to work that way, but I've had my masons travel to the deepest part of my mines when there is an identical piece of stone sitting right next to the workshop they are using. And they STARTED in that workshop, they finished their last job there and went straight to this one.
I don't even know why my Siege Engineers do this, they shouldn't care what rock goes in the catatpult, they just fire the dang things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version