Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [0.34.XX] Dwarven Higher Learning Mod v2.2 - Menaces with Spikes of Paper!  (Read 47054 times)

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like the saved raw files need updating for 31.19+ as entity_default.txt does not contain clay and bee related items.  You should be able to manually add the entity_default lines from the original post spoiler though.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Serval

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

You need to manually add the entity_defaults spoiler to your entity_defaults.txt file. The files on the first post haven't been updated since January 7, 2011, and there have been changes to entity_default since then.

Vince7403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very nice, lets you prevent your doctors from rusting. Haven't tried training gemcutters yet. For 31.23 and afterwards you must apply the raw modification manually, if you overwrite you will lose some of the new core reactions including nest boxes for poultry. Of course, I only figured that out after I had already established my irrigation system and now I have to generate a new world, but at least I learned something.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

Vince, I'd suggest you use the new Mod Manager you can find here in the DF Modding forum.  Its good, and the only thing you have to edit is the entity_defaults.txt, put it in a new folder with the workshop files, and then load it up with the Manager and enable it/install and then there aren't any problems. lol.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile

Hey, brilliant mod. But I can't seem to get my guys to make paper. My Librarian has everything he could possibly want. I have a well designed place set up to produce paper, no walls around the printing press with a TON of wood laying around it, leather by the butload but still... nothing. Nobody decides to make the paper. Have I missed something?

Any help would be brilliant. I want to have an entire fortress as an archive fortress, pumping out and storing the worlds knowledge in vast underground vaults, medical journals, war diaries. Everything. That is my hope. Hopefully this issue can be cleaned up quickly.

Thankyou in advance.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

Make sure you have a Librarian noble set, and other than that... I'm not sure.  I'm not even sure what 'skills' affect those of paper making in Higher Learning. lol.  Sad as it is to say, anyway.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile

Librarian is set and lounging in his vast opulent throne room. He's a happy dorf.

EDIT: Good news! I have paper. My dream of an archive fort has come true!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:51:37 am by jamesadelong »
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing better then setting up a training dummy with Learn Swimming on repeat and setting the workshop profile to Accomplished as the max skill. Once a dwarf gets Accomplished they stop using it. Great way to train idle civilians.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.X] Dwarven Higher Learning Mod v2.1.1 - Menaces with Spikes of Paper!
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2011, 10:34:01 am »

Somebody has a copy link is down and no mirror....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ulan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

uh seems like an awesome mod and all

E: kk found a way to make stone barrels, now what about nest boxes?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:30:50 pm by ulan »

Karatela

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

I'm really impressed with things, it fills in a few spaces.

One thing, though. I've found since adding it that a number of other things like making anything out of clay, or making pots of any kind, or the like, have all vanished as options on their respective buildings. From what I can tell, everything else looks normal, so... I am confused.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »

Is this mod compatible with Simple Fortress? It seems it will not run when i use a simple fortress world.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »

Hello! I was wondering of those new labors also show up in Dwarf Therapist, and if this mod doesn't conflict with other edits of the raws (aside from the dwarven race)? Thanks, it's really a interesting one and the first mod I might try!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, I'll be bringing this back up to date in the next few days. :)
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, updated to 34.07 now, enjoy!

(Also please leave bug reports and other feedback.)
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10