Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.34.XX] Dwarven Higher Learning Mod v2.2 - Menaces with Spikes of Paper!  (Read 46760 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheers, Shukaro! This mod remains one of my all-time favourite mini-mods. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have cadavers been removed in 2.2?  I finally got a 34.10 fortress far enough along to set up the medical ward and the create cadaver options don't show up.  Looking at the raws it looks like books and body parts are now required where your earlier version used cadaver parts and tablets.

Would restoring the old functionality simply require adding the old reactions back in the library_reactions file using the new format and a different shortcut key?
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, cadavers have been removed, they were just a hacky workaround to some weird behavior that reactions had with bodies/whatnot. If you'd want to revert to them, you'd have to add the reaction, add the toy entry, modify entity default, and gen a new world. :(
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using Vellum to make the books avoids depleting my few limited trees, and while leather isn't boundless like rock I usually have excess.  So the primary issue is that bones are now used in the medical ward, which I'd like to avoid.  I can work around it somewhat by placing the medical ward near the outdoor butchery area or creating a separate refuse pile beside it set to accept items I'd like to use for medical experimentation.

You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

sirdave79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.XX] Dwarven Higher Learning Mod v2.2 - Menaces with Spikes of Paper!
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2014, 10:17:10 am »

After installing this mod for the first time Ive discovered that the lines in entitiy_default for wheelbarrows and minecarts are not present, meaning that when I went to build wheelbarows they were not listed. A quick google search pointed me right at the relevant lines, when checked they were not present. The same post suggested a world respin was not necessary but the fort ive built planning to test the new learning opportunities does not allow me to build the missing items after adding the lines to the entity_default.txt but a new fort does.

Those lines might possibly want to be added to the download.

I cant quite beleive theres not more activity on this thread.

Thanks for making the mod. (still not tested it properly but the description makes for happy reading)

EDIT just realised im changing the default raws and changing the ones in my save will probably get the barrows and carts working in my current game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:45:15 pm by sirdvae79 »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:55 am »

I am sure it will get more active when the new version comes out

sirdave79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2014, 08:28:41 pm »

Hmm adding the tag for minecarts and wheelbarrows to the saved game raws doesnt seem to work. Looks like it has to be a world regen, a new fort at the very least.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]