Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thanks to Toady for version 33f.  (Read 757 times)

Keizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Proving dwarven motorcycle gangs are yankees too.
    • View Profile
Thanks to Toady for version 33f.
« on: December 15, 2007, 09:45:00 pm »

I just wanted to thank Toady for his sudden spurt of hard work and bug fixing that has culminated in version f. Several bugs fixed in this version are ones I've been waiting for for a while: goblin invasions to work, projectiles to be forbidden, and so on. In thanks I will donate a small sum of money to him today. Thank you!
火族

Pyro93735

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to Toady for version 33f.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:48:00 am »

While I fear I'm not affluent enough to make a monetary donation, I will at least donate my thanks as well for this version. I'm ecstatically gleeful that invasions have been fixed, as well as a small measure of dwarf stupidity being accounted for, and I'm looking forward to playing. Thanks!

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:36:00 am »

My deepest thanks along with a promise of a monetary contribution later on. January is not going to be a fun month....

Mosly because my work efficiency has plummeted since I started playing this... thats what you get for working on a commision.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Quift:
<STRONG>My deepest thanks along with a promise of a monetary contribution later on. January is not going to be a fun month....

Mosly because my work efficiency has plummeted since I started playing this... thats what you get for working on a commision.</STRONG>

How much you get?? I get 22%!

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

IdleMind

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:02:00 pm »

:) Thanks Toady.  I've had more fun with this than many games I've paid 60$ for.  I've made a contribution.  Please keep up the good work!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:11:00 am »

I would contribute the moment i had any spare cash.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Fenrir

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 11:29:00 am »

Fenrir has been ecstatic lately. He has admired a tastefully arranged ☼Dwarf Fortress Version☼ lately.
He likes ruby, iron, obsidian, and wolves for their cunning.
He needs focus to get through the working day and can't remember the last time he had any.

Thanks for this AWESOME game, Toady One! My deepest apologies, like others that posted above, money is rather scarce...   :(

HOTMACHINA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 05:34:00 am »

I would like to second the call for donations, I was involved in a fairly good PW for NWN and nothing said thankyou to the team like some cold hard cash so they could get a beer and take a break.

To put some perspective on this I spent around £100 on Crysis, Bioshock and a few others, the amount of gametime I have taken from them is around 20-30 hours, DF on the other hand has gripped me for 100+....then some, so $100 seems like a total bargain to me however nobody needs to give anything like that. If everyone on the forums gave pocket change like $5 Toady could have a decent break for Christmas, he deserves it no?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 10:09:00 am »

Hear hear!

Hats off to Toady One!

I will be making a donation at some point, I'm just slow with that stuff.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.