Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/12)  (Read 66001 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 08:11:27 am »

This looks really cool, I'll check it out when I'm done with my current fortress.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 08:21:18 am »

Well the Xml seems fine. My Xml-editor (the files are to big for the basic editor as it seems.) gives me a minor error thought.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 08:29:37 am »

This looks really cool, I'll check it out when I'm done with my current fortress.

One thing I did while testing is duplicate a save, and then abandon the duplicate fortress, then I can view the legends at the current time, I found that really interesting.

Well the Xml seems fine. My Xml-editor (the files are to big for the basic editor as it seems.) gives me a minor error thought.

Interesting, I'll see what I can do.  Thanks!

Edit - Exported XML currently 210MB and growing...  I'm growing skeptical of my ability to deal with this.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:41:29 am by Mason11987 »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:33 am »

It stops at 620 MB roughly. just use the xml of an young world to get the tags.

edit: I was actually thinking on moding a "open source" "desktop wiki" to get the info into a presentable form.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:46:49 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 08:56:10 am »

It stops at 620 MB roughly. just use the xml of an young world to get the tags.

edit: I was actually thinking on moding a "open source" "desktop wiki" to get the info into a presentable form.

Yeah, I had 480MB.  That would be useful.  I'm trying to do a little more then JUST what the legends mode show.  For example: I'm going to get overall data like the total population of each civ, I'm going to try to get a visual of dynasties of various civs (it's possible to tie individuals to their parents through the Inheritance tag, and using math with birth/death) and a few other ideas.  But I won't be pulling in full history (how someone died, for example).  So something like what you're describing would be useful for that in particular.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 09:15:17 am »

Run-time error '381':
Invalid property array index

Shows the name of a Kobold civ, but dies...

I've uploaded the world data files and set them for 2 days.  This looks like a really interesting app, and I look forward to using it.  :)
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:18 am »

Subtle changes.  Double-clicking blue text, the sub lists in the "civilizations" tab, or the civ list in the deity tag will bring you more information about the item you're selecting.  This isn't really intuitive enough as I'd like, but it's useful and later will become more obvious.

For example, go to civs tab, pick a civ with people, select a person who's worshipped, click the blue name of the object of worship.

You're brought to that item on the deities tab, double-click a civ, and you're brought to that item on the civ list.

I like the ability to cross reference things. :) Sometimes though, civ leaders worship megabeasts which don't show up under the civ deities. This might cause a crash if the program goes looking for info that isn't there. (I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check on it myself.)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 10:37:36 am »

Run-time error '381':
Invalid property array index

Shows the name of a Kobold civ, but dies...

I've uploaded the world data files and set them for 2 days.  This looks like a really interesting app, and I look forward to using it.  :)

Fixed on most recent version, Kobold civs were special exceptions (because they just have the name in the world history file, no people) and having them earlier in the list caused a hiccup, now it shouldn't matter.

Subtle changes.  Double-clicking blue text, the sub lists in the "civilizations" tab, or the civ list in the deity tag will bring you more information about the item you're selecting.  This isn't really intuitive enough as I'd like, but it's useful and later will become more obvious.

For example, go to civs tab, pick a civ with people, select a person who's worshipped, click the blue name of the object of worship.

You're brought to that item on the deities tab, double-click a civ, and you're brought to that item on the civ list.

I like the ability to cross reference things. :) Sometimes though, civ leaders worship megabeasts which don't show up under the civ deities. This might cause a crash if the program goes looking for info that isn't there. (I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check on it myself.)

Thanks,

That's funny, because I didn't realize that and that was one of the bugs that did come up and the files Phenixmirage uploaded to be investigated pointed out exactly that problem, which is now fixed.

I could have used you yesterday :P

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 10:58:32 am »

Thanks,

That's funny, because I didn't realize that and that was one of the bugs that did come up and the files Phenixmirage uploaded to be investigated pointed out exactly that problem, which is now fixed.

I could have used you yesterday :P

If I'd thought about it yesterday I would've mentioned it, but it was late and I was tired. :)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 01:39:32 pm »

Changes:
Various sorting options
View Site/Civ Populations

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 02:02:42 pm »

A bit unfortunate that it doesn't really support mods (yet?), but it looks good so far.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 02:20:05 pm »

A bit unfortunate that it doesn't really support mods (yet?), but it looks good so far.

the background is being set up to allow for multiple different intelligent species.  If you'd like to generate worldsites/worldhistory files and send them to me I could work on getting it compatible with that mod as well.

If a mod does something to those files besides adding new species.... I'm not sure how it'll work.  I'd have to see.  I don't use mods a lot.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 02:20:36 pm »

If it doesn't support mods I definitely encourage you to hook that up, I couldn't have make my 40d mod without that version's world-gen parser (which wasn't nearly as slick as this).

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 02:22:34 pm »

If it doesn't support mods I definitely encourage you to hook that up, I couldn't have make my 40d mod without that version's world-gen parser (which wasn't nearly as slick as this).

http://www.senduit.com/

zip up some worldsites/world history files from some mods and post the link, I'll work on it.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 10:28:29 pm »

updated file on dffd.

• Added a "Races" tab, which lets you view the information about the races in general.  Can find out how many dwarves exist in the world, or how many human sites exist.
  • Added a "World data" tab, which gives a few bits of world-wide cumulative information
  • Drastically sped up sorting of all sorts.

It doesn't yet support mods with additional races, but it's fairly close.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18