Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/12)  (Read 65999 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 01:41:18 pm »

http://www.senduit.com/

zip up some worldsites/world history files from some mods and post the link, I'll work on it.

http://senduit.com/ebe6b7 (3 days)

The _DF files belong together (from my Direforged mod), as do the _Z files (another mod I'm creating). Hope they help.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 08:18:28 pm »

http://www.senduit.com/

zip up some worldsites/world history files from some mods and post the link, I'll work on it.

http://senduit.com/ebe6b7 (3 days)

The _DF files belong together (from my Direforged mod), as do the _Z files (another mod I'm creating). Hope they help.

Ran _df set, it didn't work, as expected. 
I made some improvements until it parsed correctly. 
I loaded my default set, it failed, I fixed the problems until it parsed correctly
Then I loaded your _z set for the first time, and it appeared to parse correctly on the first try!  Success!

Version 1.5 is up, and it SEEMS like it supports worldhistory/worldsite files from modded DF versions.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer - Now supports mods!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 02:15:42 pm »

Thanks, seems to work great! :)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 09:42:46 pm »

As I was going to say in another thread, I would sooo be willing to wait on a 400mb XML dump for a graphical world viewer. It would be awsome to be able to look stuff up while playing fort mode without having to abandon and back up saves.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 10:35:12 pm »

As I was going to say in another thread, I would sooo be willing to wait on a 400mb XML dump for a graphical world viewer. It would be awsome to be able to look stuff up while playing fort mode without having to abandon and back up saves.

I'll give it a shot, see what's possible for me to do.  Maybe sometime next week I'll give it a shot.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 10:49:46 pm »

I'll give it a shot, see what's possible for me to do.  Maybe sometime next week I'll give it a shot.

Since DF also exports the world bitmap, all you really have to do graphics wise is set up a scrollable picture box and stick it in there. Then just calculate the coordinates vs. mouse location. Then on mouse clicks maybe open some child windows with the available info.

My latest forts:

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 10:23:42 am »

This looks awesome, well done and thank you.  :)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 03:32:37 pm »

One problem - it seems that the program always assumes that the world is in the year 1050. Maybe there should be a way to input the actual year somewhere?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:04 pm »

One problem - it seems that the program always assumes that the world is in the year 1050. Maybe there should be a way to input the actual year somewhere?

Ha, I need to keep track of all the temporary fixes I put into the program so I can make sure I fix them later.

I'll release a fix that lets you input the date a little later today, later it'll find the date and pull it out itself (if possible).

Thanks for catching this.

Edit: I also discovered the program doesn't handle a few other situations:
  • Two Kobold civs in a row in the world history
  • Kobold's being renamed in a mod
  • Another Kobold-like civ (one that doesn't have leaders/worship anything) being added by a mod

Yeah, so that's a good deal of real problems, time to fix!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:20:47 pm by Mason11987 »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 05:22:56 pm »

Ha, I need to keep track of all the temporary fixes I put into the program so I can make sure I fix them later.

I'll release a fix that lets you input the date a little later today, later it'll find the date and pull it out itself (if possible).

Thanks for catching this.

Edit: I also discovered the program doesn't handle a few other situations:
  • Two Kobold civs in a row in the world history
  • Kobold's being renamed in a mod
  • Another Kobold-like civ (one that doesn't have leaders/worship anything) being added by a mod

Yeah, so that's a good deal of real problems, time to fix!

V 1.6
Added a popup that asks for the year (simple temporary measure), also fixed all of the above problems.  I need more people with different mods to give this a shot and make sure it's robust enough.

V 1.7
There is now a map/site viewer!  Check it out!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:02:03 pm by Mason11987 »

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map!
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 08:38:38 am »

Wow, when you said "next week" you meant 'Monday'. I'm going to gen a new huge world and put this through the paces.

My latest forts:

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 09:13:55 am »

Wow, when you said "next week" you meant 'Monday'. I'm going to gen a new huge world and put this through the paces.

Actually, it was up Sunday around 5p :).

The code itself doesn't have any (obvious) limitations on how big the xml should be, and the map is set up to allow scrolling if it's a huge map so that will work, I haven't yet tested it with a huge XML file, but it SHOULD work.  Something I didn't anticipate is two sites being located on the same coordinates of the map.  I don't know if that can happen, but if it can, it won't work here.

Let me know if you break it.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 10:26:03 am »

Ok, when I try to import with map+XML I get 'Run-Time Error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument.'

The error pops up immediately, not as if it's choking on a huge file.

EDIT: Ok nevermind the above ^^^ that was my fault for improperly renaming my files.

However I did get this when I corrected it.

'Run-Time Error '14': Out of string space.'

That sounds more like it's choking on file sizes. My xml file is 827 MB!

EDIT2: Ok, poking around with the standard functionality, I get an error when I'm looking at sites and I click on 'Remove NonDwarf Sites'. Run-Time Error '13': Type Mismatch.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:41:28 am by cephalo »

My latest forts:

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 10:56:56 am »

Ok, when I try to import with map+XML I get 'Run-Time Error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument.'

The error pops up immediately, not as if it's choking on a huge file.

EDIT: Ok nevermind the above ^^^ that was my fault for improperly renaming my files.

However I did get this when I corrected it.

'Run-Time Error '14': Out of string space.'

That sounds more like it's choking on file sizes. My xml file is 827 MB!

EDIT2: Ok, poking around with the standard functionality, I get an error when I'm looking at sites and I click on 'Remove NonDwarf Sites'. Run-Time Error '13': Type Mismatch.

Oh man, that's what I was worried about, interesting.  I'll have to get my own xml and see if I can reproduce it.

Edit - Fixed your "Edit2" problem.  That was from before I made the game figure out race names (before I made it work for mods), and I hadn't clicked it in a while.  It'll work next release.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:26:41 am by Mason11987 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 12:43:05 pm »

It seems that when you parse a new world when you previously parsed a world, some of the old data remains intact (for example, if you re-parse the old world, some content is doubled). This appears to be on the people and the races tabs only, though.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18