Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two titans, two silver bolts.  (Read 5244 times)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: Two titans, two silver bolts.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 05:41:12 pm »

It really does depend on the creature. Some are absurdly deadly, especially the ones with deadly dust or exuding deadly poisons, but  some can be one hit killed. It fun charging your militia at them and finding out.
My militia is entirely marksdwarves.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 05:55:33 pm »

Hahaha fair enough. I never use marksdwarves. Im all about the close combat. I can never be botherd with all that training and ammo necessary for marksdwarves. Just arm my boys with bronze axes and picks and let them loose. On that note, you may want to have at least a small packup squad of melee militia, just to cover your backside.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »

Hahaha fair enough. I never use marksdwarves. Im all about the close combat. I can never be botherd with all that training and ammo necessary for marksdwarves. Just arm my boys with bronze axes and picks and let them loose. On that note, you may want to have at least a small packup squad of melee militia, just to cover your backside.
Hahahaha! My fort has no backside! It has no frontside! The entirety of its aboveground structure is a single massive fortified tower!
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 08:48:49 pm »

And my fortress is a goddamn volcano encased in glass. You try to attack? Yea, TELL IT TO THE MAGMA.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 09:12:30 pm »

My fortress is entirely sealed off from everything. aside from the magma, but I'm working on fixing that. once I can drain the magma oozing back up out of the way.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Tessien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 11:25:10 pm »

Urist McSniper has grown attached to a silver bolt.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 12:32:36 am »

So that's why its always silver. I wish it was possible to mod FB's to be vulnerable to silver.
Hello Hunam

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 04:35:52 am »

In other news; you're one lucky man, a marksdwarf getting two one-hit kills on two separate titans IS miraculous. I suppose you could explain it away, in terms of real-world mythology, as silver being super-effective, or ultimately necessary, in defeating certain monsters.

Marksdwarf used Silver Bolt!
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Titan fainted!
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 05:33:49 am »

"Are you sure the second amendment is clear enough? I dont want people to interprete it wrong..."

"What do you mean? Everybody has the right to hang a pair of bear arms on their wall, how could you get more clear then that?"
Pages: 1 [2]