Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Int'l players want to express their gratitude  (Read 1500 times)

Mazrukl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Int'l players want to express their gratitude
« on: September 19, 2006, 12:11:00 pm »

I never imagined being able to find the excitment, the true joy of playing since a long time. Ultima is fading away, Wizardy 1 is still slowly pulsing but Dwarf Fortress just resurected it all!

Since my awaited PC upgrade to a blazing piece of engineering mechanic, I contemplate the Oblivions and Preys boxes on my desk without any emotion. Installed one of them, enjoyed the fluidity and got back to Dwarf Fortress.

To keep it short:
- Thank you
- Please continue
- Your rock
- Don't include (too much --aaargh) mouse support
- Don't include "improved graphics"

Please continue to do what you do like no one ever has ever done: pure gameplay (and depth).

[ September 19, 2006: Message edited by: Mazrukl ]

[ September 20, 2006: Message edited by: Mazrukl ]

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
Re: Int'l players want to express their gratitude
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:23:00 pm »

Actually, I really liked the new-found mouse support, its very easy to get used to, and saves quite a lot of time and hassle (even if you remember every single key in every single menu)
Otherwise - yep, I agree  :)
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 07:06:00 am »

I've always liked mouse support, and there is nothing wrong with it in text games, i just dissaprove of the graphical cursor.

A text mouse should be a white block. none of this hi-res arrow junk.

Jimlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 10:56:00 am »

Gotta chip in and express more love for the mouse. Even in its current state, it's so damn useful. I really can't see what there is to complain about.

But yeah, keep at it Toady! It's gotten to the point where even checking for updates is addictive. I don't think I've ever seen such a frequently updated game, and I'm surprised how much the frequent updates keep my interest up in the game.

pantbash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:59:00 am »

Not tried the mouse yet.

But also another lover of this game from across the pond. Have atetempted to cash in on the exchange rate to keep the dwarves flowing

Grats on the boss game, lah...

omething deep and prophetic...

MikeWulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 11:55:00 pm »

Mouse rocks. Graphics would rock. It's cool that everything is about gameplay and not bells and whistles, but being able to distinguish things easier should be high on some list.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »

I only use the mouse when removing designations, what is the new feature that got added?  Something about workshops?  As long as the keyboard and mappings are supported, mouse usage is optional  :)  But if it were more useful, I'd use it.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 03:38:00 am »

I use the mouse for wide-area designations...  not for the actual designation, but to move the screen quickly.  Hit 'enter' at the start point, right-click to zoom quickly, hit 'enter' at the end point.  Much faster than moving one square at a time.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One