Other Projects > Slaves to Armok: God of Blood

Nice Music!

(1/5) > >>

Kamudo:
I went to go check out this dead prequel, really to see where Dwarf Fortress came from, and mostly, it sucked.

The music was actually really amazing. Was it all created by Toady himself? It made me think of a perilous unending adventure mode game. Which is was Armok one pretty much was. I think.

Toady One:
He he he, yeah, that was me.  It's weird to listen back to them.  The modified dates were all from 2002, so I guess I did those a year before I started playing the guitar.  I suppose midi was already out of date by then.  It would be fun to mess around with multi-instrumental stuff again, but I'm not even sure what people use these days when they don't have access to live musicians.

The title music is the same as the Dragslay title music from like...  1996 or something.  I guess that was a nostalgia thing for ourselves.  Actually, since you were curious to see the sucky beginnings of DF, here's the Dragslay music, he he he, my very first midi "songs".  There were also spoken parts (...), but those were VOC files and I'm not sure how to play them now.  The game itself doesn't run properly.

wilderness/town
regular battle
you died
dragon battle
undead battle
in the bar
title

Creamcorn:
While you're at it, could you post the sound effects too?

Footkerchief:

--- Quote from: Toady One on July 11, 2010, 05:12:53 am ---you died

--- End quote ---

The crash at the start of this one reminds me of the Liberty Island game over music from Deus Ex.

Aqizzar:
Well, isn't this a boon; a musical window into Toady's development roots.  How ironic that I've been listening to videogame music all morning.

I love old MIDI music myself.  I even used to make some.  That they're even listenable and kinda catchy in an old arcade way is an accomplishment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version