Try mod on 31.12 or play it safe?

DF2010
- 18 (75%)
40d
- 6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 20, 2010, 03:39:37 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Soapscum Succession Fortress (Syrupleaf mod)  (Read 9982 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Soapscum Community Fortress (Syrupleaf mod)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:02 pm »

You're the third, evil. Again, where the crap are the other 6?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:08 am »

they be lurking mon.
You can sign me up if you like, but I am lazy, and not very good at the game.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:18 am »

ill play, not really sure what that entails.. as long as its epic

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 05:41:31 am »

And the vote count increases. Damn you lurkers!
TALLPANZER and shibdib, you're acounted for. Do either of you know how to mod?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 05:56:07 am »

I'm lurking. Would've signed up if it looked like 40d, but I just don't want to play a 2010 fort right now.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 11:47:01 am »

I know a bit about moding 2010. Not a lot, but enough to make things more interesting.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 03:19:30 pm »

Do you think you could do any of the things listed in this thread? Otherwise we'll have to use CivForge as is.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:24:00 pm by breadbocks »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 08:04:58 pm »

I can do the first two, but not the last two. I would also like to add some of my own mods if you don't mind.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »

As long as they are Dwarfy, and go along with Syrupleaf, it's cool. If you can't make Nemo's tears come as gems, can you make a metal called "Nemonite", which is along the same strength as adamantine, give or take using your judgement, and the same color as Star Ruby, that is made by using steel and ruby at a smelter? There needs to be some kind of reference to Nemo's antipathy to Holistic Detective.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »

I want you to picture this: ten score of goblins, their hands replace with Iron daggers, their teeth replaced with copper or iron spikes, Howling in madness as they hack away blindly at four Dwarfs clad in Titanium battle plate. The brave dwarfs slay Goblin Cultist after Goblin Cultist with their bluesteel axes, but the piles of bodies begin to slow them down, when suddenly an Elven Druid bursts out of the ground in full war form, poison dripping from his long claws. It grabs a goblin and dwarf in each hand and tosses them into its' T-rex like maw and begins to chew.

that Dwarfy enough for yah?

(also I think "Nemonite" is the perfect name for my new Cobalt and Titanium alloy)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:55 pm »

VARY DORFY! And do you think you could root out the ironworks mod? I want normal iron and steel.

But I want Nemonite to be what I described it as. It must be the complete opposite to adamantine. Nemonite is red, dwarf-made, and blessed, whereas adamantine is blue, demon-made, and cursed.

evilgenius21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 09:33:52 pm »

I wonder if its possible to rename adamantine to something, more suited to the scenario.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 10:00:34 pm »

Ok, I can remove most of Iron works if you really want, but I want to keep the blast furnace (It's a Blast Furnace! How can we call ourselves dwarfs if we don't have a MAGMA POWER BLAST FURNACE!!!). Now, I just looked into rubies and the plausibility of using them in alloying, and it turns out that if you ground uncut rubies they can be use as a super flux. Not just that but if you use iron as the base the steel alloy would be bright red. (Most of my modding exp. comes from adding supper alloys to the game.... I just really like Cobalt :P)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:06 am »

Yes, blast furnace can stay. But the rest of the complicated stuff goes. And I want my iron weapons!
Can rubies be used like that irl? That's epic. Then it's solved. We shall have NEMONITE!!!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 11:51:23 am »

Well, that's the theory. So far as I know, no one has made a magma smelter irl, so no tests have done. I am modding away here but I hit a tiny stumbling block on the Spawn themselves. I suck at using the cast system! so it my take a few days. I have all the metals and ores and alloys set up, sand raiders in, frost giants in, just no spawn. Maybe I need a bigger hammer....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9