Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.09 Released  (Read 50944 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.09 Released
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:17 pm »

If I remember, the only part I messed with there was the thing to get soldiers to go after their kill targets correctly, instead of getting sucked in by wild animals.  Something must have gotten crossed up there.  I'll be able to check in a few hours.  If I can figure it out, I should be able to get up another release tonight.  Assuming the forum isn't corrupted again or something.  I'll check the tracker for other stuff, but we'll have to balance getting something up quickly with fixing more problems.

The hole-skipping thing is a combat log that somehow got into release mode.  Must have used the wrong logging stuff for that one.

I liked the sudden onset rabies idea, but yea don't worry about balancing getting something up quickly with fixing more problems, its par for the course with testing and bugfixes.

Theres a few linux stuff up there regarding .09, just saying.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »

anyway we can just get a hotfix for the pet killing? I cant find tag properties in the raws so im assuming the merchant_guard or merchant_noble has some attribute thats making tame animals target them

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 11:31:20 pm »

yaaaaay adventure moooooode
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2010, 11:32:48 pm »

anyway we can just get a hotfix for the pet killing? I cant find tag properties in the raws so im assuming the merchant_guard or merchant_noble has some attribute thats making tame animals target them

It might be something hardcoded.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2010, 11:34:31 pm »

It might be something hardcoded.

thats what im assuming, i dont really feel like diving into an .exe tonight and getting chewed for some copyright bs ;)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2010, 11:39:35 pm »

Anyways, I wonder if any saves currently on .09 will still be useable after its fixed since someone on the bug report of the bugtracker is reporting what sounds like a loyalty cascade that resulted from it.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2010, 11:40:53 pm »

Dont you think x should be added to the list of keybindings?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2010, 11:41:20 pm »

Great great great! superb Toady!!, i just cant wait to be able to build wall/door/ramp/stair and dig so i can make a SOLO megaproject, start a fort, place some stuff, get adventurer and make mega construction toward to next volcano to make lava lake and whatnot :D, Or massive armok statue!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2010, 11:47:03 pm »

I'm also having problems in my fort after a goblin ambush on the dwarf caravan.  After hitting the ambush, one of my soldiers decides to attack the Outpost Liason.  Now all my dwarves attacked and killed him.  Soon after, more dwarves are getting on everyone's bad side and becoming a target.  It's not going to end well, but it's funny.

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2010, 11:53:56 pm »

Ever think about going back to a proper sleeping schedule Tarn? Rising up with the sun and going to bed when it sets?

I think you'd get yourself more rested and you'd have no trouble whenever there's a get together or interview or some miscellaneous thing to do.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2010, 11:56:46 pm »

Toady works at night and sleeps during the day. It's like his superpower.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2010, 12:07:39 am »

If that's a superpower, then every Hardcore-gamer gains that Superpower. I remember last year I was waking up at 6 PM and going to bed at 10 AM...good times. Stupid job. >.<
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2010, 12:10:05 am »

Hooray, the next version is out!

I also happened to find a bug. Removing clothing an article(for example a -cat leather long skirt-) of clothing will result in the -cat leather long skirt- in question to remain in the 'remove item' list despite the -cat leather long skirt- now being held, and trying to remove it again crashes the game.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2010, 12:12:18 am »

If that's a superpower, then every Hardcore-gamer gains that Superpower. I remember last year I was waking up at 6 PM and going to bed at 10 AM...good times. Stupid job. >.<

I go to bed at 5am regularly.... but still, for Toady, it's a Superpower. You see, Toady is a superhero, and therefore, what for us is a "lifestyle", for Toady is a Superpower.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2010, 12:12:49 am »

Okay, I'm probably missing something, but.
I have groundhog corpse in my backpack and copper dagger.
How do I butcher it now?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9