Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Kitchen Menu & Seed Shortages

<< < (5/5)

Shrugging Khan:
With my new 31.10 fortress, I'm actually having trouble finding mere water...and let's see whether I can somehow get the bat-people in the caverns to let me through  :o

slink:

--- Quote from: Urist Imiknorris on July 12, 2010, 08:42:41 pm ---Look underneath the third cavern layer down.

DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma seaburningminer...

--- End quote ---

Or in one case for me it was DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma sea, you have discovered Fun, look at the pretty birdies - why, they're all on firewhere's a mason RIGHT NOW ...

You know how sometimes mountains and meadows get placed so that there is a perfectly straight line separating the biomes?  It can happen down there, too.  I had magma falls into open holes where most people have slade.  I kept hoping the magma sea would fill the Fun place, but it never did.

numerobis:
I've never, ever had a burning miner from discovering the magma, in 2d or 3d or 2010.

What am I doing wrong?

Urist Imiknorris:

--- Quote from: slink on July 12, 2010, 09:50:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Urist Imiknorris on July 12, 2010, 08:42:41 pm ---Look underneath the third cavern layer down.

DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma seaburningminer...

--- End quote ---

Or in one case for me it was DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma sea, you have discovered Fun, look at the pretty birdies - why, they're all on firewhere's a mason RIGHT NOW ...

You know how sometimes mountains and meadows get placed so that there is a perfectly straight line separating the biomes?  It can happen down there, too.  I had magma falls into open holes where most people have slade.  I kept hoping the magma sea would fill the Fun place, but it never did.

--- End quote ---

Could you send me a stonesense screenshot of that? My computer needs a background.

And Funtown didn't fill because of the huge holes in the landscape.

Shrugging Khan:
Well, crrrrap. I didn't even get to test the forbidden stockpile system, because my dwarves refuse to haul food. They just won't do it.

I've got two large, accessible stockpiles; one for plants and seeds, one for all other foods. And my dwarves won't haul the damned food. The plants are rotting away on the fields, the meat clutters my butcheries and sends miasma flying everywhere...

Help me out, oh Fortressmongers! What might the cause to this be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version