Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released  (Read 78824 times)

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 06:37:02 am »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, 'cause I'm in the middle of a tantrum spiral, but I've noticed a lot of things being randomly killed. About 10 animals were struck down, and now I've had two humans killed too (it's a human fort).

I would've put this down to all the tantruming and not the new version, but this is the second tantrum spiral I've had in this fort. The first tantrum spiral was in 31.8 and nobody got killed, they just broke a few chairs and doors.

They didn't even attack one another last time, as far as I'm aware, but in this version I've had about a dozen animal/human deaths and I was only playing for about 15 minutes. Maybe they're just more effective at killing one another now, but I wanted to throw this out there incase anyone else noticed the same thing.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 06:53:52 am »

After a bit more of testing I've come to the conclusion that Archery Target > Armor Stand/Weapons Rack except for actual archery practice. :D

Using a Weapons Rack for my military they just "Individual Combat Drill" all day long. Using an Archery Target they begin to spar and actually hurt each other real bad with swords :)

Unfortunately I can't get my Archers to train shooting, they just refuse to do it :(

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 07:00:37 am »

Woo, one step closer to perfection!

*grabs and play adv.mode* :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 07:02:44 am »

Hmm...so I have 2 Marksdwarf now and an Archery Range. Somehow they "spar" instead of practice shooting and one of them just became a Hammerdwarf (although he only has a Crossbow in his hand). What the hell? :D

Make sure you designate ammunition for them to use.
You can do this by accessing it through the military screen and then "f" which would bring up the ammunition thing.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 07:08:31 am »

Hmm...so I have 2 Marksdwarf now and an Archery Range. Somehow they "spar" instead of practice shooting and one of them just became a Hammerdwarf (although he only has a Crossbow in his hand). What the hell? :D

Make sure you designate ammunition for them to use.
You can do this by accessing it through the military screen and then "f" which would bring up the ammunition thing.

Yeah they have Ammo, that's not the problem :(

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 07:22:26 am »

Yay for bugfix!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 07:51:19 am »

Are the marksdwarves in a separate squad from the melee dwarves? Try doing that.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 07:53:05 am »

Yes, they are :(

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 08:03:25 am »

Right! im off to build a temple in the name of Toady
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 08:03:38 am »

I just got my Marksdwarves to train by using the overlapping method :].

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57660.msg1266683#msg1266683

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 08:09:07 am »

Edit: Well, they're doing Individual Combat Training right now. I'm hoping they'll start shooting at the range soon afterwards.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 08:11:34 am »

So question: I want to update from .08 to .10. Cause there are all these raws that probably need updated to the new versions and such.

Xyus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 08:18:13 am »

Toady has been extra productive lately, releasing multiple updates in one day both this time and last.

Just the butchering alone makes adventure mode much more epic. Not to mention all the fixes, making combat much better than before.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug - I haven't been keeping up with the bug tracker, and I haven't reclaimed a fort since .03 -, but my game crashes whenever I try to reclaim my Fortress. I'm not using an old save, I've tested on two different downloads, and I'm using the Linux version, in case that is important. It isn't leaving an error log, like crashes usually do.

This is a minor problem for me - I can get along fine just running around butchering entire civilizations :)

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 08:38:03 am »

Mac version still not working for me. The folder contains "df", a unix executable, "dwarfort", and exe, and README.linux, another unix executable. All of them ask what application to use to open them.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 09:02:38 am »

Toady has been extra productive lately, releasing multiple updates in one day both this time and last.

Just the butchering alone makes adventure mode much more epic. Not to mention all the fixes, making combat much better than before.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug - I haven't been keeping up with the bug tracker, and I haven't reclaimed a fort since .03 -, but my game crashes whenever I try to reclaim my Fortress. I'm not using an old save, I've tested on two different downloads, and I'm using the Linux version, in case that is important. It isn't leaving an error log, like crashes usually do.

This is a minor problem for me - I can get along fine just running around butchering entire civilizations :)

Dunno if I call that productive.. a small internal testing group woulda shown the bugs pretty quickly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17