Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 0.31.10 blunt weapon materials  (Read 1051 times)

Arcaani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF 0.31.10 blunt weapon materials
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:22:36 am »

I want to know whether steel is better than silver for blunt weapons now, as silver seemed to be superior in 0.31.08.

(I read the patch notes for 31.09 and 31.10 and the devlog, but I don't feel like I got a good answer. I guess it'd make sense if a denser material like silver or platinum to be superior, but it might be too heavy as well.)

Terisuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 0.31.10 blunt weapon materials
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:54:46 am »

I didn't test out silver, but blunt damages are SO HIGH in this version it might not matter.  Copper, iron and steel war hammers killed adamantine armored dwarves in my testing. 

Arcaani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:00:37 pm »

Awesome.  :D

It might make a difference fighting bronze colossi though. Even after their nerf, they're still pretty tough.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 01:49:44 pm »

I've read that adamantine war hammers still aren't very effective.  That suggests that density is still the most important factor, making silver the ideal material.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 02:00:34 pm »

Or platinum for artifacts. Yeah, adamantine warhammers are apparently less dangerous than unfluffed pillows.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Arcaani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:11 pm »

This makes me sad. Here's hoping that a platinum- and warhammer-loving weaponsmith gets a fey mood.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:38:14 pm »

Yeah, you think you'd be able to use platinum (and aluminum for that matter) for weapons. Who the hell wants a 80 ton statue when you could have an 80 ton hammer?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.