Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Screen history

(1/1)

Stregone:
Say I have a dozen or more peasants that i want to assign jobs and give custom profession titles to. Currently I have to hit 'u', page down several times, select the first one and hit 'c', make my changes, hit space, and then do ALL of that over again, and possibly a 2nd or 3rd time because I lose count on which place on the list i'm on.My idea is to have a screen history, like a web browser. So I can hit 'u', page down, select the 1st peasant, hit 'c', change stuff, hit space,a nd be back at the dwarf list screen with the same dwarf selected. then I can just hit down once, and 'c', to move on to the next dwarf I want to modify.

Abyssal Squid:
Better yet, all this information should be available on the same screen.  When you bring up the 'u'nits screen, it first shows current jobs; hitting tab shows the skills and stats of the selected dwarf, tab again shows labor preferences, a third time for wounds (including happiness, and hit enter to bring up the thoughts and preferences screen), and a fourth for inventory.  Hitting it again brings up jobs again.This way you can quickly and easily set labor preferences for all of your artisan.  Perhaps this could a feature of the House *bar* nobles, where once you get the noble, you can view your dwarves in the profession this way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version