Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 85868 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Short Version (click to show/hide)

So after finding myself checking Arcanum Octet II a bit too often, I realized I had no choice but to make my own. Welcome to Staggered Magi RTD.

To join, post a name, major and minor skill, any basic, reasonable equipment you'd like, and any information on appearance, personality, history, etc. (bonus points for detail) Unsure what the cap on players will be, but there's room on the waiting list even if there isn't in game.

Skills are generally assumed to be magic or weapon skills, but you may take arts or more creative or practical skills if you like.

Spoiler: Schools of Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spell Level and Type (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle and Wounds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Story (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Possible Destinations (click to show/hide)

Current Magi:
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:23:49 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [needs players]
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:35:55 am »

name: Max Smith

skills: major necromancy minor rune crafting

items: robe, unenchanted staff, a weak ring of protection and a repeating crossbow

history:has always been seemingly average student of the dark arts (reinforced by his bland appearance) but has always had !!fun!! ideas of conquering the world with creatures he created from mixed corpses

personality: pretty much standard mad necromancer/scientist

appearance:he is bland and skinny with brown hair, brown eyes and a white complexion from spending too much time indoors

how do you turn demons into undead?

off to the River settlements
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:05:15 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 05:50:53 am »

Name: Seymore Skyeye

skills: Major summoning, minor claw weapons(basically bladed gloves), if those are not viable then il go with polearms instead

items: light leather armour, 2 claw gloves/a halberd (depending on weapon skill), tent, bedroll, food and (feel free to remove this if its too much) a ring of spell storing

History: Used to be the underdog of many scoolyard scuffles, this encouraged him to better himself, learning how to summon creatures from beyond, and training himself for combat as well, forcing tormentors to split thier focus (he was often on the loosing side after school as well).

Personality: Timid on his own, but with support has learned to be apparantly fearless. He is generally pleasent company, but has the tendancy to explode f teased(even if in good humour) too much.

Appearence: 5'6'' with hair reaching down to he middle of his back, typically bound in what he terms a "warriors tail", it is amethyst in colour, exactly the same shade as his irises, these are signs of his connection to the etherial realm (or wherever magic comes from). He is a medium shade, with a birthmark the shape of a wolf head on his left palm.

Question: Do the demons have an effect on the wildlife near them
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:53:15 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:56:13 am »

Name: Seymore Skyeye

skills: Major summoning, minor claw weapons(basically bladed gloves), if those are not viable then il go with polearms instead

items: light leather armour, 2 claw gloves/a halberd (depending on weapon skill), tent, bedroll, food and (feel free to remove this if its too much) a ring of spell storing

History: Used to be the underdog of many schoolyard scuffles, this encouraged him to better himself, learning how to summon creatures from beyond, and training himself for combat as well, forcing tormentors to split thier focus (he was often on the loosing side after school as well).

Personality: Timid on his own, but with support has learned to be apparently fearless. He is generally pleasant company, but has the tendency to explode if teased(even if in good humour) too much.

Appearance: 5'6'' with hair reaching down to he middle of his back, typically bound in what he terms a "warriors tail", it is amethyst in colour, exactly the same shade as his irises, these are signs of his connection to the ethereal realm (or wherever magic comes from). He is a medium shade, with a birthmark the shape of a wolf head on his left palm.

fixd god cant you get wolfchild firefox
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:57:45 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 05:57:18 am »

Name: Nathan
Major skill: Destruction
Minor skill: Enchanting
Inventory: steel dagger, dark grey robe and hat, an unenchanted bone ring, a spellbook.
History: since his academic days, Nathan has always wanted to make things work better. Runecrafting required strong hands and alchemy needed obscure ingredients to work, so he chose a short way of mumbling spells upon items. In most cases - very powerful spells upon relatively cheap items. Selling one-time charms to armies or battlemagi has proven to be quite effective in terms of making money, but it was boring to just sit and enchant wands to make them disrupt illusions or rip demons apart. It offered no training, no thrill, no action magi of his level deserve, so Nathan has answered Archmage's call the moment it arrived.
Appearance: tall, slender body, swarthy skin, arabic face, long limbs and fingers, short black beard.
Question: "What notable fluctuations of magic are present in the fortress to the north?"
Destination: fortress.

UPD: Too many players have picked runecrafting and conjuration. Changed to Destruction and Enchantment.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:51:35 am by HmH »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:38:25 am »

Name: Sargoth
Major skill: Elemental Earth
Minor skill: Alchemy
Inventory: Light leather armor, soft woolen clothes, backpack, hand axe, knife, walking stick, blanket, 2 waterskins and dried beef for food.
History: The son of a farmer, he spent a lot of time in the cave near his father's field, manipulating rocks and the like. When his father found out, he was apprenticed to a wandering elemental magician. Now a journeyman, he is setting out to prove his mettle.
Appearance: Black hair, green eyes, broad shouldered.
Question: What do we know of demons weaknesses?
Destination: fortress.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 09:58:20 am »

name: Just 'Ochita' Other than that, Bel

skills: Major runecrafting,  Minor elemental water

items: Sketch book with pencil, runecrafting equipment, Robe, longsword, oak staff, bet with hooks for sacks and a scroll case

history:He has always been the person who would look though books hopig to gain some magical power. One day at the library he managed to sneak into the forbidden section and he read though the runecrafting and elemental magi books. One ofthe disadantages of this was that a mage had taken up shop in his head. Hilarity ensues. (Bel is somewhat Chaotic good)

personality: He is usally quiet or timid but when people try to those who are near him he flips out and starts going slightly beserk. Other than that he is well liked

appearance: He has brown hair with brown eyes unless Bel takes over, then the eyes are a deep blue.
 He is oterwise unremarkable, people have trouble remembering his face unless he is somewhat flashy.

Destination: fortress
Question: "What would be a good way to combine runecrafting and elementalism?"   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:42:44 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 12:32:54 pm »

Wait a minute, aren't you doing another RTD?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 02:04:08 pm »

Since we don't have a healer yet...

Name: Fre Ericson

Skills: Major Restoration, Minor Elemental Light (illusions, blinding flashes and such)

Items: Brown robes with hood, Applewood staff, Backpack, bedroll, rations, waterskin, small medical kit (bandages, disinfecting oils and minor painkilling herbs)

History: Fre has made a life for himself as a wandering doctor and magician(the entertaining kind).  He usually heals the sick free of charge, unless they are wealthy enough to afford it.  His main income comes from putting on shows where he tells tales while creating a moving picture of the events (silent film, basically).  That's usually followed by pretending to saw a woman in half or other cheap tricks.

Personality: Generally a jolly fellow with a good nature about him, he becomes instantly serious when dealing with the sick, and woe to you if you do anything detrimental to one of his patients.

Appearance: Brown hair, short red full beard, piercing blue eyes, short stature, moderate girth.

Destination: Fortress
Question: What are the "similarities in the stories" of the minor demon infestations?

Edit: Sigh, why can't I count?  I'll just put this fellow on the waiting list then.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:13:44 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »

noooeesssss.... why do i miss these new rtd's!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:33:00 pm »

noooeesssss.... why do i miss these new rtd's!
Well, to quote Bun Bun, "Because you suck."

Anyway, watching.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:34:35 pm »

Wait a minute, aren't you doing another RTD?

It'll be fine. My other RTD requires zero math and extensive rolling; this one will require a fair amount of bookkeeping but only a handful of actions.

skills: Major runecrafting,  Minor elemental
Sorry if it's less than clear, but plain elemental isn't a school; it has to be elemental earth, or elemental fire, or so on. Or something more obscure, as Frelock chose.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [full; waiting list]
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 04:43:52 pm »

Gah. I nearly always miss all the RTDs.

Well, set me on the waiting list. My guy will come when it's my turn.

Fixed god can't you get wolfchild Firefox.
You're not much better.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [full; waiting list]
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »

Many, many distractions later, here we are:

Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)

So, your merry band decides to head straight to the fortress. Its name is Wellspring, from back when it was a village.

The fortress is located in the same craggy beige terrain as Earthhaven, and is mostly the same color itself. It consists of an extremely thick but not particularly tall circular wall surrounding a central complex of combined structures; earth magic was used fairly extensively in its construction to meld the stones, giving much of it the appearance of beige adobe. While your unofficial agent status doesn't help you any, if you've come from the south you're obviously here to fight demons and so welcomed cordially as fellow fighters.

One of the captains explains the situation bluntly- they're holding just fine, and will be able to do so for a long, long time. The only issues are that the demon attacks will probably literally never stop, and that just because they're holding out doesn't mean everyone is, so they'd best do something if they don't want to be overrun from behind or starve to death long after everyone else is dead. If you really want to help, you'll want to speak with the commander about volunteering for forays up into demon territory, to see if you can get information to help them do something besides hold the line. Of course, you're also free to take shelter behind the walls for whatever else you're doing, but don't expect to stand on the walls and pelt demons for fun, and don't expect them to feed you, though water is free.

What will you do?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:39:15 am by IronyOwl »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Ready for Turn 1]
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 10:58:29 pm »

i use rune of necrosis on my crossbow
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70