Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 104295 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.85b]: The potential to set yourself on fire!
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2011, 10:16:14 pm »

It should work, yes. It works every time I test it prior to uploading, and worked when I redownloaded it a moment ago.

I didn't add blowguns for a couple of reasons. Primarily because they're pointless without being able to use venom on the darts, and secondly because adding every possible weapon and armour choice would be a fairly pointless endeavour. I'm sure if you poke through the weapon reactions you'll be able to add them yourself, if you really want them.
Also known as Zuhayr.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2011, 10:31:16 pm »

And I thought crossbows were somewhat machine-like, and adventurers don't have access to most machines. I was thinking of replacing crossbows with blow-guns and their respective ammo in the next release. Because blow-guns are the simplest type of ranged weapon you can make. I myself have made it entirely possible for dwarfs to make them, as well as slings and atlatls, along with their respective ammo.

EDIT: I just took the adventurer reactions from the download and put them in the objects/raw folder. Will that work?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:42 pm »

The bare minimum install for the adventure mode reactions is listed under 'Limited installation' in the readme.
Also known as Zuhayr.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:23 am »

OK... I didn't read the scroll (file) labeled READ ME.

UPDATE: I did what I said I did, and it works AWESOME!!! I've made a simple axe and hammer, a carving knife, a needle, and a scraper, all from shale! The odd thing about the axe is, that when you use it, it materializes a pine log from nowhere. Is it supposed to do that?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:10:37 am by UristMcHuman »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:49 am »

KNOWN ISSUES
------------
   - Wood harvesting isn't terribly realistic and it is abuseable.  There's not much that can be done about this.
Also known as Zuhayr.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2011, 10:07:51 am »

Oh.

And, umm... When I try to sew a cloth shirt, it says that I need 3000 thread, and each unit of thread is 15000. So I select a length of sheep wool yarn, and it says that I need -12000 thread. So therefore, I can't make a simple shirt. Also, when I try to weave a bow-string, it says I need a unit of thread. I pick the thread, then my needle, and it says that I still need thread. What gives?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2011, 10:22:32 am »

Thread likes to play up - the bowstring reaction will make two bowstrings even if you give it the exact amount it requires. I thought I wrote this down somewhere but apparently I forgot.

Looks like the cloth shirt reaction is buggy, too. It made me a 'wolf gut shirt'. I'll fix that up for the next update.
Also known as Zuhayr.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2011, 10:29:36 am »

Thread likes to play up - the bowstring reaction will make two bowstrings even if you give it the exact amount it requires. I thought I wrote this down somewhere but apparently I forgot.

Looks like the cloth shirt reaction is buggy, too. It made me a 'wolf gut shirt'. I'll fix that up for the next update.

Dammit!

It made me a 'wolf gut shirt'.

Eeeww!!!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:47 pm »

And can you make it possible for my adventurer to pick the plants off the shrubs instead of me turning them into !!shrubs!!? I'm annoyed that I can't harvest the plants from the bushes.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »

It made me a 'wolf gut shirt'.
That's just hardcore.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »

I'm gonna mod the cloth pants and shirt to use leather and mod in the reactions to make obsidian swords and axes from any stone (similar to how gathering wood makes a pine log from nowhere). Yes, that means transforming a small lump of conglomerate to addy-sharp obsidian. I'll see if I can replace making crossbows with blowguns and other things I can fiddle around with.

UPDATE: Why do you want buckets? They're useless. I'm replacing them with chests.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:00:48 am by UristMcHuman »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2011, 12:10:29 am »

You're welcome to do whatever you like with the mod. I added buckets in preparation for later reactions.

Note the b and the less-than-one version number. The mod isn't finished.
Also known as Zuhayr.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2011, 08:55:41 am »

OK. Say, 'cause, the only thing I see a bucket good for is a makeshift weapon at this point.

I suppose you could add chests as another thing to craft in the next release?

Can you replace the reactions to make bone long and two-handed swords, and bone great axes? My dad has a two-handed sword in our front closet that's about a foot shorter than I am (I'm about 5' 11") that's made of steel. Imagine my dad's long and two-handed swords, being made entirely out of bone. Replace those reactions with ones to make obsidian shortswords and handaxes.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:59 am »

I'm getting a little tired of being told what to do concerning the mod, Urist McHuman. Suggestions and criticism are fine. Outright orders are likely to get your input ignored completely.

I'm in the process of trying retagging materials for the next update, hopefully so the reactions will be able to distinguish between rocks that work for weapons, such as flint and obsidian, or bones that could realistically serve as weapons, rather than the generic alternatives. Up until this point, the ability to use any kind of rock for weapons is what's kept me from allowing the reaction, since many of the products would be utterly useless (chalk shortsword).

Buckets have been added, much like campfires and alembics, in preparation for a more complex tanning and alchemy system. They won't be useless when that's all in place.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2011, 10:33:48 am »

While we're on the topic, guys. This is a sharktooth sword:

So I have a query. Would you rather:

a) be restricted to specific animal bones for the production of bastard swords, longswords and axes, or
b) need to include wood in the reaction, producing something like the image above?
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27