Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103390 times)

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2012, 04:13:05 am »

I may done something wrong. I choose to make a scraper and get a nest box. I try to make an awl and get a jug.  ???

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2012, 03:39:07 pm »

Hey, could someone please PM me what I have to eat from what megabeast to gain all the different powers? Because I can't gen large worlds and I have to see which powers are worth it, so I can pick a world with the right beasts.. Thanks.

By the way, this is a simply fantastic mod. Should be integrated with the game.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »

Hey, could someone please PM me what I have to eat from what megabeast to gain all the different powers? Because I can't gen large worlds and I have to see which powers are worth it, so I can pick a world with the right beasts.. Thanks.

By the way, this is a simply fantastic mod. Should be integrated with the game.
Just gen a tiny world with 1000 mega beasts.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:46 pm »

That wouldn't be a good world to play in. Worlds with so many beasts tend to be depopulated.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2012, 02:30:42 pm »

Hey, how do I make thread? Horse hair won't show. Can't use any of the guts I find. Nothing seems to be doing it.

All the other items work fine.

Hair wont show.

Guts wont show.

Can't make thread.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:49 am »

Dry guts with a scraper. Right down the bottom.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2012, 11:33:38 am »

Also, make sure the tools and materials you need are either in your hands or on the ground in the same tile as you.  I was trying this last night and items in my backpack didn't seem to be available for crafting.

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2012, 09:34:01 pm »

Alright, so, I downloaded this mod but whenever I try to make things it comes out wrong. When I try to make an arrowhead it makes a miniforge, when I try to make a speartip it makes a toy axe. . . Is this mod outdated, or did I do something wrong?
Hello. Have a nice day.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2012, 05:40:49 am »

It sounds like you haven't properly installed the item_wanderer file, Joost66. Check that you have, and if not, copypaste it from the .rar.

I have some news - I'm not going to updating the mod anytime in the immediate future. My interest in Dwarf Fort has waned, and I can't muster the enthusiasm to spend an evening slogging through the new creature raws and updating them appropriately.

Maybe in a few versions I'll pick this up again, but until that point, if anyone wants to take over the project themselves, please feel free.
Also known as Zuhayr.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2012, 02:16:19 pm »

I am currently applying the relevant changes listed in "file changes.txt" to the files that come zipped in the mod, I hope this is the right way to do it?
It should work for now, and I guess it will work for future versions as well, but "diff"-runs on the files versus the vanilla ones will be chaotic.
I would just take the vanilla files and apply the changes the mod does to them, but I am not that big of a modder and also don't know where and in which way exactly they're modified, so Lofn will eventually have to take vanilla files and write his stuff in those to get it all clean again.
Anyway, I will upload those as soon as I am done.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2012, 07:40:09 pm »

Aaand done... hopefully. DFFD download

Learner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2012, 01:56:59 pm »

I've looked into the raws, and noticed that Psykers seem to have a third interaction, which is being able to spit warpfire. I have however, been unable to find the corresponding material for this attack. In addition, when testing in the object arena, I am unable to see, or use this interaction. I think that because the material in a way doesn't exist, the attack is unusable as well.

In addition to this minor issue with the Psyker's interactions, the Mentalists also have an interaction, which, while being shown in the list of abilities in object testing, is currently, unusable. It's the Bolster creature interaction. I'm getting the hint that this interaction was to be used on allies in addition to yourself right? Well... if so, then there appears to be a bit of an error in this.

You see, right now, (I believe that) the only reason it can't be used is, that the interaction is missing any tags that specify any targets and means of being used. It does not have an attack tag. (Though sadly, it wouldn't be too hard to guess what the outcome of changing this would be.) Now, if I added an attack tag to this interaction... then the creature would be using it's bolster attack on enemies, which is bad. Now, would adding a usage hint to clean friends somehow be the right thing to add, (in addition to adding a self-allowed target?) Or should the target be switched to self-only?
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes first.

Then, when you've walked a mile and start to criticize him, he has to run a mile after you in his socks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2012, 08:13:37 pm »

Usage hints aren't actually necessary for the usage of interactions; the opposite in fact. Usage hints only make creatures discriminate in their usage of their interactions; not having one will make them use the interaction willy-nilly.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »

Does anyone know just how you can encounter the other mage types? So far, I can only find necromancers.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 30, 2012, 04:10:08 pm »

where do you download this mod into, ive extracted it from winrar into raw/objects and created a new world and it won't work. is there something i haven't done for it to work (if it matters i'm on the newest version of DF and using lazy newb pack
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27