Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103389 times)

heatblade1212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2012, 04:55:21 pm »

you would not happen to be able to make "Giant" clothes or armor in this mod, for larger modded races would you?
or if you are a large race, will your created item fit by default?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:58:13 pm by heatblade1212 »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2012, 09:24:20 am »

I think everything fits by default. Either that, or the three player races as well as goblins and kobolds have all been hardcoded to get right sized clothing, which doesn't sound plausible.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2012, 11:37:43 am »

Alright, this mod looks amazing, but i have absolutely no knowledge as to how I install this.

Is there some sort of universal mod installation guide available, or...?

And also, would i need to gen a new world for the mod to work if i did manage to install it?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2012, 02:19:55 pm »

If there are files, put them in raw/objects.

If there's a raw folder, put it in your base directory.

If there's an objects folder, put it into your raw folder.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2012, 02:20:41 pm »

If there are files, put them in raw/objects.

If there's a raw folder, put it in your base directory.

If there's an objects folder, put it into your raw folder.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:40:52 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 03, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »

Alright, thanks!

heatblade1212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 03, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »

I think everything fits by default. Either that, or the three player races as well as goblins and kobolds have all been hardcoded to get right sized clothing, which doesn't sound plausible.

that seemed to be the case, the items are fitting to my custom races by default. fortunately lol

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2012, 12:32:28 am »

Hallo chaps and chapettes.

you would not happen to be able to make "Giant" clothes or armor in this mod, for larger modded races would you?
or if you are a large race, will your created item fit by default?

The physical size of the races isn't important - the creator of the clothes determines the race that can wear it.

where do you download this mod into, ive extracted it from winrar into raw/objects and created a new world and it won't work. is there something i haven't done for it to work (if it matters i'm on the newest version of DF and using lazy newb pack

From the readme:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does anyone know just how you can encounter the other mage types? So far, I can only find necromancers.

Mentalists will also build towers, but pyromancers and psykers do not actually appear in the world currently. I'll try to get this fixed and posted in the next few days.

I've looked into the raws [snip]

In all honesty, the psykers are the least finished of the four new mage types. Releasing them at all was a bit of a mistake. I would be surprised if the psyker interactions that work outnumber the ones than don't.

I am currently applying the relevant changes listed in "file changes.txt" to the files that come zipped in the mod, I hope this is the right way to do it?

Thank you very much for your efforts - very much appreciated. My usual method is to go through the new raws and paste in the variation lines, to ensure I don't miss anything that Toady might have forgotten to note in the changelog.

I'll be trying to knock together a more polished interaction update to fix some of these issues. If I get time I'll also try to fix up the broken potions.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

So i find this mod to be extremely fun, and useful for making trophies out of things corpses.

I do have one suggestion, however:

Staves, my idea behind it is, you could make a staff from 2 wood units, then, with a reaction, you could attach weights of either rock, metal, or bone to the staff, which would require one or two units of said rock/metal/bone, allowing the staff to have a use as a weapon by increasing its weight.
To my untrained in modding brain, it seems like this would be possible by having a reaction inwhich the staff is consumed and the weight material is consumed, and an entirely new staff is created with the weight of the rock/bone/metal you chose to attach.

I.E.: Pine Staff + Small Gabbro Stone = Gabbro Weighted Staff.

In my opinion the attacks a staff could do would be bashing with the handle, and striking, and maybe slapping, for that extra comedic value.

It would be a multi-grasp weapon, a little bit smaller than a halberd.

I don't really know what skill it would use, Striker possibly?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2012, 07:48:53 pm »

I am currently applying the relevant changes listed in "file changes.txt" to the files that come zipped in the mod, I hope this is the right way to do it?

Thank you very much for your efforts - very much appreciated. My usual method is to go through the new raws and paste in the variation lines, to ensure I don't miss anything that Toady might have forgotten to note in the changelog.

Hehe, no problem. I ended up just running vimdiff on the files your mod replaces and ironing out the changes, there wasn't much to be changed though, except for the whole [BENIGN] thing, and I ended up simply writing a script for that.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 25, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »

How do you do the crafting in this? Is it in a different menu than X, or did I do it wrong?

EDIT: I got it working, but I am unable to wear the bone gauntlets that I made. The other armor works fine, but I can't put the gauntlets on. I already removed my other gloves, and took everything out of my hands. Any thoughts? Also, what is a cheerful campfire? My regular campfire must not be doing the job.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:59:25 am by MinethatCrackers »

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 30, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

How do you do the crafting in this? Is it in a different menu than X, or did I do it wrong?

EDIT: I got it working, but I am unable to wear the bone gauntlets that I made. The other armor works fine, but I can't put the gauntlets on. I already removed my other gloves, and took everything out of my hands. Any thoughts? Also, what is a cheerful campfire? My regular campfire must not be doing the job.

Cheerful campfire can be used for crafting as it works as a tool. The standard one doesn't and is not moddable, so yeah. Gloves are currently bugged :(

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2012, 08:23:25 pm »

Okay, I give up. I need some help making arrows. I just keep getting bundles and then it turns the bundles into bundles again, but ow do I get them to arrows. I kept pressing buttons but I got bolts, not arrows. This crafting business is so confusing.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2012, 01:53:58 am »

i also seem unable to equip any bone gauntlets i make, not sure why
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

Gloves can't be made through player-created reactions because handedness can't be defined through player-created reactions.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27