Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103355 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.
« Reply #375 on: March 18, 2015, 12:44:51 am »

Oh god I just noticed you can do that with putting in a dagger instead of a stone for the carving... I mean you don't actually need that part, but it makes sense and all, and gives a use for the dagger you start out with.

Oh derp. I think I just realized something. I've been grumbling about you having not read my post about fixing reactions, only to realize what I was replying to was on a different thread from the post I was referencing.

Er, sorry about that Max. ^^"

EDIT: And to Lofn, if you want I could look into making a direct port of WF to DF2014.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:11:57 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 18, 2015, 01:18:54 am »

Ha ha, vindication! I must admit I was confused a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 18, 2015, 01:23:06 am »

Yeah, I basically fucked up and lost track of which WF thread was which.

Though having actually ensured I'm on the right thread this time, I hope said post proves useful.

Meanwhile...hmm. On second thought I'm unsure if it's feasible to fix the fortress mode versions of the Wanderer reactions, at least the ones dealing with cloth. Anyone have any !!SCIENCE!! on whether Fortress Mode doesn't have that problem involving custom reactions and product dimensions?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 18, 2015, 04:57:40 am »

Well, I'm leery of breaking what I'm using since it's working good now after I fixed the "pile of dragonbone breastplates" problem, though I was pretty sure just adding the preserves tag did it.

Edit: preserves reagent, not preserves as in "You pick up the jar of 342 dragon bone breastplate preserves." which isn't a thing thankfully.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 18, 2015, 10:31:48 am »

Hmm, that's odd. So how does it work now? Does it does one bone at a time, or use the whole stack?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:13 pm »

It works fine atm, one bone, one breastplate, like the others do. Just had the brief "oh god why am I holding a billion dragon bone breastplates" experience before I figured out there was a tag missing from that reaction which the others had and assumed it was responsible.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_BONE_BREASTPLATE_ADV]
[NAME:craft bone breastplate]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:carver:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »

Ah right. The only problem with this is you can't make it use a specific number of bones, so that means hundreds of bone goods from a single large kill.

Kinda why I went with the "trick it into using the whole stack" option instead of what you picked. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2015, 09:44:44 pm »

I made dragonbone a steel subsitute so while it could fitting to have to kill lots to get a full set of gear... they are very big.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 18, 2015, 11:41:25 pm »

I made dragonbone a steel subsitute so while it could fitting to have to kill lots to get a full set of gear... they are very big.

True, I guess the size makes sense. The only problem is you can't scale up bonecrafting reactions correctly, so you can't have, say, a breastplate demand more bones than a helm and have it work properly. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 18, 2015, 11:43:55 pm »

Yeah, but it's better than just leaving a pile of bones sitting there... I mean, I'm running around wearing armor made from a dragon I killed!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:17 am »

True. What I went for was the "use entire stacks" option. It breaks logic to have a whole pile of dragon bones only make a single item, but so does needing, say, two separate stacks of bone to make boots, only to find the reaction only grabbed 1 bone from each stack. ._.

If custom reactions requiring multiple body components weren't so broken, I'd simply give the reactions logical bodypart requirements based on material size, so small creatures wouldn't be enough for large armor, and large creatures would be viable for quite a lot without it literally being "1 item per unit of bone" instead, which is just as derp.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #386 on: March 21, 2015, 06:56:16 am »

EDIT: And to Lofn, if you want I could look into making a direct port of WF to DF2014.

I seem to be having a really hard time finding time between Uni and other projects to work on this, so if you like I can make you a maintainer on the halfassed Github repo I'm keeping so merging the creature raws isn't such a painstaking job and you can merge in updates at your own pace. I very much appreciate your assistance/offer.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 21, 2015, 12:12:11 pm »

I seem to be having a really hard time finding time between Uni and other projects to work on this, so if you like I can make you a maintainer on the halfassed Github repo I'm keeping so merging the creature raws isn't such a painstaking job and you can merge in updates at your own pace. I very much appreciate your assistance/offer.

Weird, I just yesterday started mucking about on Github for the purposes of Cataclysm: DDA mod I was working on.

As for modding WF, at the moment I wouldn't yet be sure what all is needed for updating every feature. The sort of things I'd rather test before actively messing with it over there. ^^"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2015, 01:09:14 pm »

Hi is there a "lite" version of this mod, I would like to make stuff out of the things I kill, but with all the tools you need for crafting it is kind of tedious and annoying.

Thanks

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2015, 06:43:09 am »

My mod requires less tools I believe. It's not as detailed, but you could try and see for yourself. Always props to Lofn for even starting it, he was the first and the best :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27