Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103970 times)

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Now i've got "mountain goat soap thread" and something like kidney fiber and i've seen roasts made out of leather.

Yeah... I think I hosed something in the creature/reaction mods. I'm gonna live with the wierdness till this fort ends and then reload all the tanmod stuff properly :D.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Are you accepting additional reactions? Here's some more weapons, armor pieces, and some clothes I added for myself:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Hrmm... can you mod different creatures to have different bone properties using the templates, or do you have to make a new bone material for each 'tier' of stronger bones? That way if I get a Hydra Bone Sword, it'll hurt more than a Goat Bone Sword....

Edit2: Ah hah! I can make different BODY_DETAIL_PLAN templates that contain different bone material for the different tiers of bone strength. Unless there's an easier way that anyone knows of...

Edit3: Success! Groundhogs now have bones the strength of steel, which a weapon made of said bone can kill someone in full iron armor. The regular hoary marmot bone sword I tried didn't touch an iron clad human at all. Huzzah!
It's as easy as making a new bone material and adding    [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:SUPER_BONE_TEMPLATE] to the creature entry.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:23:21 am by Symbiode »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Are you accepting additional reactions? Here's some more weapons, armor pieces, and some clothes I added for myself:

Thanks for posting those - I may cannibalize a few and bump up the required materials - I don't think making a maul would be as easy or cheap as making a spear.  As for the bone thing, it might be worth adding a [REMOVE_MATERIAL:BONE] right before you redefine it with the SUPER_BONE_TEMPLATE, just to be sure.

Hmm. Now i've got "mountain goat soap thread" and something like kidney fiber and i've seen roasts made out of leather.

Yeah... I think I hosed something in the creature/reaction mods. I'm gonna live with the wierdness till this fort ends and then reload all the tanmod stuff properly :D.

I probably should have just said that the new version breaks compatability - I'm really not sure what's gone wrong with it but apparently it's severe.

By the way, great mod. It's invaluable for people trying to figure out reactions for adventure mode (such as me), but now I don't wanna use the reactions you have   :P
[...]
Not that it matter because I can't wear the f**kers anyway
That's the exact reason I haven't been adding more interesting clothing and armour - there's not much point, really, and adding extra useless stuff will just clutter up the reaction list even further.  I'm really hoping Toady decides to address the reaction bug at some point (and the one with the material products too).
Also known as Zuhayr.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile

Probably a silly question but can I just extract the new version into my raws (aka over the old version) or do I have to do some fancy file work?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

So long as you replace -everything-, it should work properly.  Emphasis on the 'should'.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I probably should have just said that the new version breaks compatability - I'm really not sure what's gone wrong with it but apparently it's severe.

I'm guessing it has something to do with ID numbers again. 'Cause get this: I just overwrote my raws with TanMod 86 again (and grabbed the mat_template file I updated for .10  out of my Ironhand.10 directory that I hadn't tried the new version on), and that goat soap thread already sitting in my bins transmogrified to goat wool thread.

I bet whatever you did with the gut stuff bumped some of your materials up or down one in one of the ID numbers sets.

Anyway, yay, it's fixed, after this fort I'm going to make a new world anyway because I want to get that new flora mod and the 2.0 library mod and ... :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a workaround to the clothing size bug, but you need to be willing to edit your raws a bit.

1. Make your oversized clothing.

2. Save your game.

3. Open up your creature_standard file and scroll down to DWARF (or whatever creature type you're using).  Change the adult size (e.g. [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000] ) to 700,000.  Save.

4. Load back up your game.

5. Equip the clothing which is now of a normal size for your creature.

6. Save the game again.

7. Restore the body size of the creature to its original setting.

8. Reload.

Hey presto!  Your clothing is now super-sized again, but it will stay on the creature you got to wear it.  Perhaps not ideal, but at least all your bone armour isn't entirely useless now.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile

There is a workaround to the clothing size bug, but you need to be willing to edit your raws a bit.

1. Make your oversized clothing.

2. Save your game.

3. Open up your creature_standard file and scroll down to DWARF (or whatever creature type you're using).  Change the adult size (e.g. [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000] ) to 700,000.  Save.

4. Load back up your game.

5. Equip the clothing which is now of a normal size for your creature.

6. Save the game again.

7. Restore the body size of the creature to its original setting.

8. Reload.

Hey presto!  Your clothing is now super-sized again, but it will stay on the creature you got to wear it.  Perhaps not ideal, but at least all your bone armour isn't entirely useless now.

That's what I did at first...but it's more awesome to bump up every single creature by 700,000...except humans...then it's like that old tv show where the astronauts crash land on a mirror image of earth except everything is giant...and they try to survive by stealing toys and garbage..."Land of the Giants"  yeah...that was the name...that show was awesome...

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile

i may be being legendarily thick. but the small blunt stones needed for crafting, they are the stones you pick up in the wilderness or something else?
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

They are the wilderness stones, but they must be in your hand or on the ground when you attempt to craft them.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile

They are the wilderness stones, but they must be in your hand or on the ground when you attempt to craft them.

ah yep i see now. thanks.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Woohoo! I did it thanks to Uristmod... All of my creatures now have different bones strengths depending on size (<40000 normal bones, 40000-100000 copper bones, 100000-999999 iron bones, 1000000+ bronze bones, hydra steel bones, dragons adamantine bones). I also removed the [CAN_LEARN] tag from all creatures so I can butcher stuff that isn't a civ (minotaurs, giants, trolls, etc).

This goes great with the Wanderer mod because I now have a reason to fight harder stuff. I also have my own dead civ that I can use a Play Now! adventurer with that is size 650,000 to wear the bugged large armor.

material_template_bones.txt

bone_strength.changes for Uristmod:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:57:05 am by Symbiode »

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Hrm, I went a little crazy with this. I took out the [USE_BODY_MATERIAL] tags for bone crafting that I thought could use a skull for (dragon skull breastplate, wolf skull helm, etc), and added in repair/hone for all of the armor and weapons. That way, I could say kill a dragon, make a -dragon bone longsword-, then use the hone on it with some new bones to upgrade it to a +dragon bone longsword+ once my bone carving skill gets higher.

Feel free to use/cannibalize as needed.

Full reaction_wanderer raw:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:38:58 am by Symbiode »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Pretty nifty, man. Some real Monster Hunter stuff right there.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Bleh, triple post due to post size limits:

For anyone wanting to use adventure mode armor yet unfamiliar with modding or do not want to change the size of an entire default race, add the following raws to get a Play Now! option for the 'Hunter' race that can wear the armor:

creature_hunter.txt

entity_hunter.txt
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27