Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 104281 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Symiode: geez, man, there are pretty rad.  The only issue I can see with the hunter race is the enormous size making them overpowered, but I'd be very pleased to add the other reactions and things to the mod.  Awesome work.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Yea, they are just a stand-in until Toady fixes the armor size bug (hopefully).

Edit: Oops, I deleted my original weapon reactions by accident when I made the hone weapons. I recreated them and rebalanced them a bit so they take more materials, slightly more balanced-ish maybe...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:45:08 am by Symbiode »

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile

Does this mod work for 31.10?
Except for the armor being "large" when made?
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Yes, it does work with 31.10.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Alrighty.  I have added variations to strengthen bone and scale (to bronze then steel values, respectively), as well as a simple reaction that turns hair into thread.  Once I apply these to all the creatures that need them, I think I am going to take a break from this mod until I run into some more inspiration, or the bugs are fixed.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've used your base in Genesis with some tweaks. I've also made a plant into thread reaction because only bears and a few more critters draw hair (probably due to size). Did you find out how to secure that the hair will be dropped in any case?

Also I gave dragons and other megabeasts really strong teeth and bones (in previous version), so your mod works really well when it comes to crafting spears out of dragon teeth :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

It looks as though adding [CONNECTS] to a tissue layer causes it to drop the majority of the time - I added it to feathers to get them to drop reliable and originally to fur, before I made it a skin product.

I just doublechecked it with dorfs in the arena, [CONNECTS] causes them to drop it frequently.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Mind if I add the adventurer reactions to my two mods?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Be my guest!
Also known as Zuhayr.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Thanks. I've added a few reactions that deal with horn to the existing ones (horn comb, horn spearhead, horn arrowheads, and the various crafts).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can weave almost anything into thread with this mod, bones, hair, teeth, ivory, skin Ect.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

AWESOME!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only thing missing from this mod is making glue from horns and hooves, and epoxy resin (pine or birch pitch (sap) + ash + plant or animal fiber+heat).
Amazing job, and super detailed! 8)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Update!  I added Symbiode's reactions (with a couple of very minor tweaks) and put some boring reactions in place for glue and resin to be produced when I get around to working out what they'd be used for.  Currently they just fill a bucket with useless powder.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I wonder is there a way to craft a roast stack in adventure mode?
or is cooking one of the things not possible?
I know that adding DRINK to the slot will turn anything in to a liquid state.
but I don't think I would want to be going around caring barrels of booze of things I killed.
selling elven princess booze to a human shopkeeper will fetch some wild stories.

edit: wait just made a reaction that close to what I'm talking about.
though this does make anything into ___ N/a. oh I found out that fluffy wamblers are made of iron.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_BOOZE]
[NAME:make booze]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:BOOZE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
[SKILL:COOKING]
it's one shortcut from not being able to butcher people.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:00:53 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27