Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103388 times)

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend - an Adventure mode crafting mod [0.1b]
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 07:42:39 am »

Awesome, and if you can get cloth, you can bandage wounds with it in adv mode, but leather doesn't work well for that, but we could make -*Gut thread cloth*-.
How exactly do you use cloth to bandage yourself in adventure mode?  I added a 'cut hide into bandages' reaction but I can't quite work out how to use the resulting cloth.
Fuck yes. This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for when Toady posted 31.09.
Ideally this will just be used to tide us all over until Toady adds proper adventure mode crafting - glad to see you're pleased, though.
SHIFT+I=ADVANCED INVENTORY INTERACTION

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 07:56:49 am »

SHIFT+I=ADVANCED INVENTORY INTERACTION
Ah, I see.  I guess you have to have a wound before you can use it, then?
Also known as Zuhayr.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 08:39:03 am »

Great stuff.   :D

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 09:54:12 am »

Still going through stuff, but I noticed that my chalk carving knife doesn't cut, it bruises and breaks bones...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:56:16 am by Supercharazad »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 01:03:01 pm »

Still going through stuff, but I noticed that my chalk carving knife doesn't cut, it bruises and breaks bones...

it'll be the edge thing. i dont know if it's moddable. i havnt had a look recently.

EDIT: yes the edge is too blunt.

try changing it to this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This should make it much more sharp. but needs testing.
it is much sharper

pics: (warning. large)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the Knife raws can be found in Item_wanderer.

in conclusion it makes them much sharper. the metal version obviosly more powerful.

the test was done with 2 humans with no skills and no armour. 5 times.

EDIT 2:

it seems that the stone versions aren't sharp enough to cause any major damage. and have a habit of being deflected off leather clothes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:31:49 pm by skaltum »
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 01:40:25 pm »

I actually deliberately left it semi-blunt to keep it from becoming a terrible useful weapon - since you can make it from nothing but rocks.  If people think it's a good idea I'll change the values, though.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »

I actually deliberately left it semi-blunt to keep it from becoming a terrible useful weapon - since you can make it from nothing but rocks.  If people think it's a good idea I'll change the values, though.

Well, with slate I can make a knife sharp enough to cut skin with just precussion flaking and a little bit of sharpening on concrete, it DEFINATLY won't bruise though, unless I slap someone with it.

EDIT: Also, for spears and arrows, you should probably change it so as the material of the weapon is determined by the head, not the shaft like it is now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:51:38 pm by Supercharazad »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 02:03:38 pm »

This is a terrific mod, posting to follow.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 04:07:47 pm »

You know, my brain just noticed something with this mod...

The stuff you're making with the Adventure mode reactions...... look like they get the Imp quality marks.   How did you get that to work?

Does this mean custom workshop/reactions can now have improved quality?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 04:20:39 pm »

Does this mean custom workshop/reactions can now have improved quality?
It seems so. A reaction I tested a short while ago created a +quality+ item among a few non-quality items in Fortress mode. Not sure how much skill enters the equation.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 01:44:14 am »

Thanks for making this! I did notice, however, that the reaction_wanderer_tanmod file you mentioned in the readme to use the tanmod stuff in adventure mode reactions isn't included in the .rar on DFFD.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:19 am »

Thanks for making this! I did notice, however, that the reaction_wanderer_tanmod file you mentioned in the readme to use the tanmod stuff in adventure mode reactions isn't included in the .rar on DFFD.

Ah, whoops, that's because I never actually removed the material reactions from reaction_wanderer.  If you're happy to use them, nothing needs to be changed - I'll separate them properly next upload.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Double post because I told a lie: I just finished messing with the raws and uploaded a new version to the DFFD entry.  Spears have been altered and materials have been updated to .10. 

If you're just upgrading from the previous version of this mod, just extract/install material_template_tanmod.
Also known as Zuhayr.

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing as a Play Now! human. I hunted down and butchered a camel (using a crossbow I made), crafted some "large one-humped camel bone" gauntlets but can't wear them.  I'm holding one in each hand and am told I "have nothing left to wear".

Edit:  Same problem with my camel leather armour.
Further Edit: Herp derp.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:50:50 pm by calrogman »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Playing as a Play Now! human. I hunted down and butchered a camel (using a crossbow I made), crafted some "large one-humped camel bone" gauntlets but can't wear them.  I'm holding one in each hand and am told I "have nothing left to wear".

Edit:  Same problem with my camel leather armour.

You should read the readme.  Currently, due to a longstanding bug with all reactions, you can't produce wearable armour or clothing, only 'large'.
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27