Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103397 times)

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm. Attempting to update the raws for a game in progress from tanmod.last + wandf.prior to the current version of this causes DF to freeze forever on loading and never output an errorlog. Now that I'm looking at the diffs I suspect this has something to do with attempting to load existing creatures that were affected by the prior creature variation with the current creature variation.

The bug tracker search functions don't work well on this browser, I'll have to see if anyone's come up with this. It should at least tell you why it's dying. Unless it's popping and omg!dialog and I can't see it due to using dfterm O_o.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

The issue with that is that I haven't altered the creature variations, only the nature of the materials - it shouldn't really be causing errors at all.  How bizarre.  If you get a moment, could you try genning a new world and seeing if that works properly?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, genning a new world worked. I just copied the older creature variations file into the save's raw directory and it loads now too.

These are the differences in the files I'm using, one of which comes from tanmod86 and the other from wanderer02; I never updated to the tanmod subdir that came with wanderer01 because I thought it was the same as what I had already, maybe you made the changes then?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't say I really understand what's going on aside from it having something to do with gut? :D

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Oh bollocks, I totally forgot - I shifted the tannable gut variations into the other variations instead of leaving it separate, so that all gut can be dried.  Since I have done further testing (and done up the adventure mode stuff) since I made that change I totally forgot about it.  Sorry!
Also known as Zuhayr.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile

ok...with some farting around with BODY_SIZE tags...I found out that the adventure mode crafting makes armor for creatures of size 70,0000...being the lazy bum I am, I just made a Half-Giant race of that size and went on my merry way.

seriously though...I have no idea how to manipulate the size of a reaction item, but maybe this will help someone out there.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok...with some farting around with BODY_SIZE tags...I found out that the adventure mode crafting makes armor for creatures of size 70,0000...being the lazy bum I am, I just made a Half-Giant race of that size and went on my merry way.

seriously though...I have no idea how to manipulate the size of a reaction item, but maybe this will help someone out there.

Weird, I was just going to post the same thing. However, I found that the size is 650,000 or the size of a Swordfish based on DFWiki. Not sure how you got 700,000 anyhow since there isn't any vanilla creatures with that size. I wonder if it's more a range instead of a static amount.

Lofn, is the size useful for you at all in relation to crafting armor? Somehow changing the default to a lower size?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

tagging for watching! this is awesome! Adventure mode is gonna take off!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you messed around with the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:###] tag?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

If by some chance that works for clothing and armor, it doesn't use the creature size. I just tried that with [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:70000] and a play-now human, and I still only get large helms. More likely it's simply still hard-coded.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you messed around with the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:###] tag?

Briefly tried by changing the leather armor to
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_LEATHER_ARMOR_ADV]
[NAME:craft leather armor]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:C:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_NEEDLE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:60000]
[SKILL:LEATHERWORK]
but didn't seem to make a difference. I used 60000 since that's the size of a elf/dwarf/goblin based on DFWiki.

edit: For easier testing, use Arena and give the first creature an iron scraper and iron carving knife (should be in the top 5 items). To test the size, drop the armor and create a Swordfish over the armor. Take control and look at the armor to verify it's still 'large' or just 'cat leather armor' or whatever leather. :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:18:38 pm by DracoGriffin »

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it was worth a try, even if it got us nowhere.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Geez, I went away to test it myself and got caught up in Assassin's Creed II and POSTS EVERYWHERE.

It seems to me that armour size is hardcoded, which is sad, because I knew a bright blazing moment of joyous hope when JediaKyrol posted.  The PRODUCT_DIMENSION thing was a brilliant idea, shame that it doesn't work.

Is there evidence to suggest that PRODUCT_DIMENSION works for anything apart from cloth, thread and powder?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

following

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile

yeah, I noticed in the data dumps on the wiki there was a "size" and "product_size" marker...so I added them to the reaction trying anything from numbers to the word "small"....but nothing happened...

Oh, and DracoGriffin, I basically just edited the dwarf raws rocking back and forth by 100,000 at a time from 0 (baby dorf) to 9,000,000 (elder giant)...600,000 didn't work, nor 800,000, but 700,000 said was good, so I stuck with that...it likely is a range around that...maybe from 650,000 to 750,000...

...cheap fix...add 700,000 to every single creature's size value...that won't have any negative effects at all! /sarcasm

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And bars.

And I agree, It's a shame that [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:###] can't manipulate the size of armour... or anything else but the 3 ITEM_TYPES that use the tag ::)

By the way, great mod. It's invaluable for people trying to figure out reactions for adventure mode (such as me), but now I don't wanna use the reactions you have   :P

The only reaction I think that I have/have thought of that you don't is a way to make studded leather items (I just copy/pasted, and really I just added [HARD].)

Not that it matter because I can't wear the f**kers anyway
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27