Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103963 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend: Adventure mode crafting and extra creature materials [0.3b]
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:18 pm »

{EDIT}

Well, I've just tested and there's no good way to do it. You may want to make a reaction to somehow address that, but it's weird since we can throw all other items 1 at a time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:40:27 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend: Adventure mode crafting and extra creature materials [0.3b]
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2010, 03:19:42 am »

What's really weird is that I'm almost positive that you used to be able to.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2010, 06:25:19 am »

In 40d, that was how it worked.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2010, 07:40:02 am »

Pretty cool stuff guys. Thanks for some ideas & inspiration...got me making a reaction myself:

I made a reaction that makes a plain throwing knife (custom ammo) into an exploding, super hot, syndrome inducing throwing knife (which like the magic missile reaction must be fired/thrown immediately unless you want to burn and get affected by nasty stuff yourself)

So I guess I'll try to make exploding, necro inducing arrorws/bolts next...

...Wait...can we make an arrow that freezes the target instead? Hmmmm....
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2010, 10:09:25 am »

Those are your insane naked bandits, right?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2010, 08:50:24 pm »

Those are your insane naked bandits, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ
What Bison said...
In one test run of mine, they actually ripped off my pants...but instead of running away with it, they smacked it on my face.

One of my modification in the reactions here resulted in a -human guts short sword-. Interestingly grim but unfortunately it was a somewhat blunt sword sharpness wise...

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:56 am »

great mod Lofn, bout to see how it works in .13

Before I go tho, here's a reaction I made for your mod. It lets you "scavenge arrow heads" so when you find that lone *steel bolt*, you no longer have to be sad, just scavenge it in to a *bundle of steel arrowheads* and make yourself your ammo of choice.  I've also got a metalcrafting addition that I'm working on for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: oops forgot the [FORCE_EDGE] there for a second
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:37:48 pm by kwd1968 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2010, 04:42:02 am »

just made my first stone sword!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit, pick your rock phyllite is worse than wood.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:08:09 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile

Great news! Adventure mode crafting clothing/armor fits now in .17! I'm gonna play around with it this weekend and see what I can come up with.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile

Great news! Adventure mode crafting clothing/armor fits now in .17! I'm gonna play around with it this weekend and see what I can come up with.

wait, really? :D

on an unrelated note, picks are can now be spawned in arena mode
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

wow! I really look forward to it, not having dwarven shops and all.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

I have yet to poke around the new raws due to work and whatnot, but I am -excited-. I'll try to have something new up in the next few days.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have yet to poke around the new raws due to work and whatnot, but I am -excited-. I'll try to have something new up in the next few days.
Also, it seems that Toady has made some changes in order to make some space for the upcoming adv mode tools
Heh, looks like Wanderer's Friend will soon be obsolete :P

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tested this in the arena with cloaks & leather armor but Dwarves and other smaller entities can only make clothing that are larger than what they can equip...though I changed my Elves size to [BODY_SIZE:12:0:65000] and they can wear what I made just fine.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Also, it seems that Toady has made some changes in order to make some space for the upcoming adv mode tools
Heh, looks like Wanderer's Friend will soon be obsolete :P
That depends on how comprehensive his tools and whatnot are.  If he does cover ever base though, then yay, less work for me.
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27