Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103376 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

Yes! I was hoping for an update to .21, and here it is! :D
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile

A suggestion-- No, a request. If possible, you should add the ability to put designs, or spikes, you know, all those aesthetic things on your stuff. Also, you can re-carve figurines indifinatley, is that intended?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

A suggestion-- No, a request. If possible, you should add the ability to put designs, or spikes, you know, all those aesthetic things on your stuff.
To be blunt, that can't currently be done.
Also, you can re-carve figurines indifinatley, is that intended?
Whoops!  I will fix that for the next update, which should be out tomorrow.  I've just found out that you can now wear armour you craft in adventure mode, which is fantastic news!  I will start adding some interesting new armour reactions to celebrate, like sewing metal plates to leather.  Suggestions are welcome!
Also known as Zuhayr.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A suggestion-- No, a request. If possible, you should add the ability to put designs, or spikes, you know, all those aesthetic things on your stuff.
To be blunt, that can't currently be done.
Also, you can re-carve figurines indifinatley, is that intended?
Whoops!  I will fix that for the next update, which should be out tomorrow.  I've just found out that you can now wear armour you craft in adventure mode, which is fantastic news!  I will start adding some interesting new armour reactions to celebrate, like sewing metal plates to leather.  Suggestions are welcome!

You can? When was that fixed?
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

.20, apparently.  I tried it out earlier after noticing it mentioned in another thread, and it seems to work fine.

EDIT: also, I just discovered the IMPROVEMENT token for reactions.  Yesssss.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:36:45 pm by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

EDIT: also, I just discovered the IMPROVEMENT token for reactions.  Yesssss.
Indeed. 8) I already have reactions set up for decorating items with spikes of bone, tooth, and horn. Unfortunately these decorations won't get quality attached to them at this time.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So I can Bedazzle a corpse?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Okay, getting there.  Generic decoration reactions are in place, but I have yet to go through and update the creature raws to .25.  I'm also working on a stand-in reaction to glaze items in poison, despite the fact that it won't have any in-game purpose.

Indeed. 8) I already have reactions set up for decorating items with spikes of bone, tooth, and horn. Unfortunately these decorations won't get quality attached to them at this time.

Have you had any luck with ART_IMAGE?  I've tried using it with various tokens like CREATURE or OWN_RACE, but it doesn't seem to have any in-game effect.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Ah, yes, I knew there was another issue I wanted to mention. No, images are not yet supported via the IMPROVEMENT tag. There's also no mention on when we might see it, though I could imagine it is part of the Specific Object Construction portion of the dev page, whenever that may be.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Updated!  Creature raws and some item improvement reactions only, right now.  The 'dip item in poison' and 'engrave item' reactions are dummies and don't work at all.

It also looks like the weird bug with MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT is fixed.

EDIT: scratch that for a minute, DFFD is being sulky.

EDIT EDIT: Mediafire link is up on the first post while DFFD is down.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:24:17 am by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

YES I CAN MAKE MY OWN ARMOR NOW

FUCK YESSSS

UNREAL WORLD MOD HERE I FUCKING COME BITCHES
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, working adventurer armor is one of many new cool features, I haven't played DF adv. mode without my own armor for a few months already :). I always go ahead, butcher a dragon and make me dragonscale socks :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Your "decorate with stone" looks for "any silk material". Also "decorate with gem" takes any item.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Triple post! :D

Anyway, why do you use BONECARVE for every reaction?
And just 25% chance for a random decoration? Way to waste those dragon teeth :). You may want to make specific decorations so people could pick how they want to decorate their stuff.

This is how I've made it for Genesis, you way want to look at it and fine-tune your reactions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't use uncut gems because you don't find them in adv. mode, but it's pretty easy to do too (copy the smallgem/gem reactions and replace SMALLGEM/GEM with ROUGH).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

I've been tweaking/fixing the reactions today, and adding some more.  I rushed the last release pretty badly.  Thanks, though.
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27