Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 103372 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I saw a "blue peafowl feather large gem" or something of thesort in a shop and figured I'd letcha know about the bug.

It may have something to do with the "decorate with gem" takes any item bug DEON reported but I'm not sure.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Updoot!  Tweaked the improvement reactions so that you will always get something and will sometimes get bonus improvements.  Also added a couple of new ones and fixed some broken ones.  I'm going to be playing with a more gutsy version of this mod, which will require replacement of some core DF files.  It will include alchemy and warpaint, ideally!  Stuff like elixirs distilled from the hearts of dragons, that kind of thing.  Should be fun.

I saw a "blue peafowl feather large gem" or something of thesort in a shop and figured I'd letcha know about the bug.

That's an old one.  I'm still really not sure what causes it but I think it might be some of the tokens on the feather material.  It's not critical and I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it, though.

On another note, how many people still make use of this mod?  DFFD is nice but it doesn't really give constructive feedback.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:12:52 am by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I do! this plus a no wear and all metal usable for everything.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I use it in Genesis :). Of course I've changed some stuff here and there, but main inspiration and RAWs come from you, and all Genesis players totally LOVE your mod :).

Hmm, warpaint? Sounds interesting! What do you mean by that (if it's not just clothing :P)?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile

I use the tanmod portion of it; I don't really play Adventure Mode.

"Cat skin armor" has showed up in caravans a couple times (I'm using... uh, whatever version of the mod was up when 31.25 came out) and I wonder if it might be related to having cats use FURRED_NOLEATHER.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I use it as part of Genesis, like Deon said up there.
By the way, are gloves/gauntlets fixed?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

I use it in Genesis :). Of course I've changed some stuff here and there, but main inspiration and RAWs come from you, and all Genesis players totally LOVE your mod :).
D'awww. :D

Hmm, warpaint? Sounds interesting! What do you mean by that (if it's not just clothing :P)?
For now it would probably just be armour with interesting material properties, since we're pretty limited in what we can do.  Same with alchemy - I could make stuff used to improve armour quality, or expensive booze, but nothing really fancy.

By the way, are gloves/gauntlets fixed?
Not as far as I know.

I wonder if it might be related to having cats use FURRED_NOLEATHER.
As far as I am aware (checking my backups as far back as 0.3), cats don't use FURRED_NOLEATHER and haven't since... ever.  I could be wrong, though.  The cat skin bug hasn't shown up for me personally.  Can you reliably reproduce it?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 06:32:51 pm by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile

I had changed cats to FURRED_NOLEATHER, actually. I'll let you know if it shows up again, because I don't have the save where I saw it last (Fun happened.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:31:26 pm by InsanityPrelude »
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

On another note, how many people still make use of this mod?  DFFD is nice but it doesn't really give constructive feedback.
I'm also using parts and additions in the Direforged and Zelda mods.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

ShirraWhitefur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find myself using it via Genesis, for more fun in the adventure mode, though I considered fiddling with it on it's own first.  I've enjoyed working with it quite a bit! ^_^  Starting out with an elfy who has nothing but a knife or spear and grass-made outfitting, and working up to having leather and bone armoring, a bow personally made, dozens of arrows, a bone-spike covered leather and wood shield... It's a pretty nifty mental image, as well as fun to play.
  In Genesis, I find however that no matter if it's dwarf or elf that I run, the gloves and gauntlets made -never- are allowed for wearing, even if stripped naked to preclude layer-size issues.  Odd that.   I also noticed a lack of leggings in both versions.  (Something I'll be trying out my addition of shortly.)

An idea I've been kicking around for metal involvement is giving me trouble.  I know there's 'ANY_<X>_MATERIAL' tokens for a lot of things, but I didn't see one specifically for metals.  Making me wonder if METAL_ORE would cover it, but I'd wager not..
  Anyways, the idea is this.  The ability to take 1-3 pieces of wood + 1-2 metal items, and melt them down to a component 'metal bar'.  Then use 3-5 of them to make other things, such as metal arrowheads and spearheads, daggers... and even more to try and make bigger weapons and armor.  Ridiculous amounts even, to make it have the faintest hint of balance.  This would let one recycle things you consider 'trash gear' into useful stuff, especially if you've been using dfusion to arm your companions with things you make.
  My problem so far is that I cannot figure out a way to limit things to finished metal items, and I'm loathe to think about how quirky-bad it'd get if truly any item could be used.. I reallly don't think a leather greatsword is a good plan.  ^_^  The other hiccup to the semblance of balance would be, even if setup proper, that you could get full bars from coins.

Anyhow, I'm not sure you'd have interest in this idea either, as your crafting fits better with a tribal feel overall.. but I for one could really go for some metal work.

A thought for edged weapons.  Consider making ones that require teeth (and more than one stack) and wood.  Various cultures have done wooden weapons with teeth embedded along an edge to make something that rips and tears nastily.  We're still in the area of things that really are lacking against armor, but it's just another idea to play with.

As you've already got the plant-gathering doing it, maybe the woodcutting should work with multiple wood types and chances?  Yes, it'll seem a little 'hokey' on the surface to find pine and Glumprong both in one go, but still, the variety of materials could be good.

Another thought is whether or not more bow types could be put in.  Again, the matter of being able to better define the required pieces and make them take actual effort and hunting around seems to be an issue there.  Perhaps requiring particular 'grade' of creature parts to help make, if that can be checked for?   While I don't -personally- see a way to easily do that, the end result would be something like requiring the collect wood to turn up some -specific- log types (low chance ones), then some specific plant->thread, as well as something like <monster> (high grade) intestines (for stringing) and leather (for wrapping the staves of the bow in places).  Without the allowance to require higher grade though.. There'd be no way to slow down getting it at all.

Anywho, those were just some thoughts on my mind.  I noticed the nudge at Alchemy planning.  Makes me wonder if you can play with the liquids to make things of syndrome type that would do temporary stat/skill alterations, like a brew to increase pain tolerance.  Never looked at that before.

- Shirra
 - Yay, broke my 2.5 years-without-posting finally!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:12:06 pm by ShirraWhitefur »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

hmm so I guess Wanderer's Friend + DFmode = fully customizable items to sell at the Depot?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Nah, when you switch into adventurer mode in a fort, you can't switch back to fort mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Nah, when you switch into adventurer mode in a fort, you can't switch back to fort mode.
wait that is not right arena method which is listed in the readme only prevents saving you could swap between both if you use unreveal and is trick to pull off. I made a guide in adventure mode discussion on how to build a fort using Dfmode. which uses the Save method which is nothing more than changing the mode then saving.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27