Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Metaslature v2.0! (Turn 6 Phase I - "Proposition")  (Read 8627 times)

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metaslature v2.0! (Turn 2 Phase II - "Discussion")
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07:48 am »

304: Yes
305: Yes
306: Yes

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 06:01:38 am »

304: Yea
305: Yea
306: Yea
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Metaslature v2.0!
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 12:24:44 pm »

Turn 2
Phase III - "Execution"

The Propositions!

Tylui
304: "Any Proposition with subsets are to be treated as a single Proposition."
Yes: 4 | No: 0
Unanimous Pass!

ExKirby
305: "A Player can be nominated to be an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL. Once nominated, a player becomes an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL by a majority vote by all current Players."
Unanimous Pass!

Wimdit
306: "Rule 104.A.I.b will be changed to read: '104.A.I.b - A Player may suggest up to four Propositions per turn.'"
Unanimous Pass!

Phase Status Changes
Tylui, Proposition Passed(R203), +10 Points
ExKirby, Proposition Passed(R203), +10 Points
Wimdit, Proposition Passed(R203), +10 Points
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:25:51 pm by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Metaslature v2.0!
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 12:29:36 pm »

Turn 3
Phase I - "Proposition"

Phase Status Changes
ein, Sympathy Points(R205), +5 Points
Omegastick, Sympathy Points(R205), +5 Points
Wimdit, Sympathy Points(R205), +5 Points
ExKirby, Sympathy Points(R205), +5 Points
ExKirby, First Participation(R202), +5 Points
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:23:45 am by Tylui »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »

I propose that Omegastick shall become an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL.

I propose that votes belonging to an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL shall count as 3.

I propose that rule 305 shall become immutable.

I propose that Turn X Phase III and Turn X+1 Phase I be rolled into one post.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:56:01 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 01:01:02 pm »

My Propositions:

My First Proposition

Rule 101.B shall state - "If two Rules conflict with each other, the Rule with the lowest Ordinal Reference must be followed, unless a contrary priority is otherwise explicitly stated in the Rules."

(NOTE: As this is an amendment to an immutable rule, it requires unanimous support)

This means that I can propose something that says 'this takes precedence over any rule that contradicts'. That way we don't run into problems like we did with the extra propositions rule. I need this to pass for a clarification proposition I am about to make.

My Second Proposition

When tallying the votes, only the votes that were given will be counted, and any Players who did not participate have effectively abstained from voting. The majority of support and unanimity of support shall be calculated by only those votes tallied. This rule takes precedence over any conflicting rule.

This is how it works right now, but that isn't clearly stated in the Rules. I just want this to be clarified, and in the rules. The second sentence means that if 4 people vote yes, but there are 5 players and one didn't vote at all, it still counts as a unanimous pass, since all 4 of the 4 voting said yes. Again, that's how it works, but I wanted it clarified. :)

My Third Proposition

Dispute of Rules
.A - Any difference in opinion of how a Rule or how several Rules should be interpreted can be solved by a Dispute.
.B - Any Player can call for a Dispute, and if another Player with a differing opinion agrees that one is needed, the following happens in order.
.B.1 - Play and regular Phase order is paused.
.B.2 - All parties to the Dispute cite the Rule(s) in question and explain how they themselves would interpret it, listing all relevant occasions of the how the Rule was used previously.
.B.3 - The Judge will make a decision on how it should hereto and forever be interpreted.
.B.4 - If the Judge's wisdom is questioned by all parties of the Dispute, a vote for a Repeal is called.
.B.5.a - The Repeal will be voted on for exactly 24 hours.
.B.5.b - If the Repeal is supported unanimously, the Judge's decision is revoked, and the Dispute returns to B.2. Otherwise, Dispute continues to B.6.
.B.6 - If all parties of the Dispute feel that the Rule needs its wording changed to reflect its meaning, the Judge will propose a Rewrite.
.B.6.a - The Rewrite will be submitted and voted on for exactly 24 hours.
.B.6.b - If the Rewrite is supported unanimously, the Judge will apply the Rewrite to the Rules.
.B.6.c - Either pass or fail, the Dispute continues at B.7.
.B.7 - The Dispute is concluded, and play and regular Phase order is resumed.
.C - The Judge cannot call or agree to a Dispute.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:25:12 pm by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 01:06:58 pm »

I propose that Omegastick shall become an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL.

I propose that votes belonging to an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL shall count as 3.

I propose that rule 305 shall become immutable.

I propose that Turn X Phase III and Turn X+1 Phase I be rolled into one post.

Firstly, I don't think you need to waste a proposal on that. The way I interpreted my rewrite of your proposition is that a nomination and voting can be held at any time to nominate someone for EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL

I don't like the idea of anybody's vote counting for more than one.

Just for the record, it'll take 80% or greater support to pass the transmutation.

Personally, I like them separate. But that's just me! :P Also, that's more of limitation of the forums than a limitation of the Rules... You could use your proposition on something more pressing, methinks.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »

My propositions are as follows:

To obtain any points in a round, a player must vote in that round.

A player who successfully nominates an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL shall become an AERIAL STRATOMANCER.

A player may sacrifice a proposition to gain 1 extra point.

I propose that no rules relating to special titles be immutable.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2010, 06:01:12 pm »

Alright. Man, I have a lot of changing immutable rules to do.

Proposition 318
The following shall be added to Rule 105. This Amendment is designed to prevent a long list of '3xx' Rules.

105.E - The first digit of each Rule's Ordinal Reference shall be termed a 'Category Number.' Categories shall be defined as blocks of Rules with similar purposes, and shall be listed under 105.F.
105.E.I - Propositions may be assigned a Category Number as they are proposed. They shall still receive an Ordinal Reference as decribed in Rule 102.B.III, but they shall be moved to their proper place in the Rules immediately upon Ratification.
105.F - The Categories
105.F.I - Category Number 1 shall be reserved for Rules which outline the basics of how the game of Metaslature works.
105.F.II - Category Number 2 shall be reserved for scoring Rules.
105.F.III - Category Number 3 shall be reserved for Propositions and Amendments which have not yet been assigned a Category.

Proposition 319
This one frees up Category Number 3. Should Proposition 318 pass, Rule 102.B.III shall be amended to read as follows:

102.B.III - A new Proposition will have a number for reference. The Ordinal Reference shall begin with 001, and each Proposition shall receive the next successive integer, whether or not the Proposal is adopted.
102.B.III.a - For the purpose of determining Rule precedence, Ordinal References beginning with the number 0 shall be treated as having a higher Ordinal Reference than those beginning with the number 9: in effect, they shall be treated as beginning with the number 10.
102.B.III.b - The Category Number of Propositions and Amendments which have not yet been assigned a Category shall be 0, not 3 as stated in Rule 105.F.III.
102.B.III.c - Upon Ratification of this Proposition, all Rules and Propositions with an Ordinal Reference beginning with 3 shall have their Ordinal Reference changed such that they begin with 0.

NOTE: Both 318 and 319 amend immutable Rules.

Proposition 320
Let's make this game a bit more interesting, shall we?

320.A - Should a Player at any time violate a Rule, between one and ten points shall be deducted from their Score, depending on how great a violation was committed. The vast majority of cases should result in a deduction of less than five points.
320.A.I - The Judge shall have the final word regarding Rule 320.A, and shall decide the amount of points to be deducted, if any.

Proposition 321
Rule 104.A.II.b shall be amended to read as follows:

104.A.II.b - Players will vote either "Yea" or "Nay" on each Proposition.

This Proposition amends an immutable Rule.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:05:15 pm by Wimdit »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2010, 06:09:05 pm »

I like you last two propositions but I'm not understanding the need for a new way of numbering...

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:53 pm »

I just don't like how this game will end up with a bunch of rules in a long list, beginning with the random-sounding number 301. It's not aesthetically pleasing. It needs structure and proper organization.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:32 pm »

I guess I can see your point, but I feel that there might be a simpler, more elegant, and less... "dangerous" solution. In my opinion, making such a sweeping change to the base Rules could result in the opening of a loophole or some such thing. Also, I think it could be done in a less encumbering number of sentences. Maybe just "Rules can be assigned to named categories for purposes of organization and readability."

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 11:57:00 pm »

It's hardly a sweeping change. The changes are perfectly simple: the essence of it is the four sentences making up 105.E, and anything less wouldn't result in changes to ordinal references.

Anyway, I thought loopholes were, in general, a good thing? Also, you could hardly have a beneficial loophole with organizational changes, and they're so simple I don't see how one could arise.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 05:07:09 am »

Ok then, screw my first and last propositions. Instead:

I propose that, when the game is won, a new game instantly begins, and the player(s) who won the game becomes an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL.

I propose the role of Name Givers;
 A. There can only be one Name Giver at any one given point.
 B. If there is no Name Giver, a vote can be called to nominate one.
  I. This vote will last 24 hours.
  II. All Vote Bonuses are negated for the sake of this vote
  III. You cannot vote for yourself.
  IV. The winner of this vote becomes the Name Giver
  V. A tie results in no Name Giver being elected, and the game carries on as normal.
 C. A Name Giver must give a name to every rule.
 D. A name giver can step down at any point.
  I. When he/she does, a vote is immediately cast for a new Name Giver.
   i. The old Name Giver cannot be re-elected in this way.
 E. If, after 4 turns, a player wishes for a new Name Giver, there will be a vote.
  I. The Name Giver cannot participate in this vote.
  II. If there is a 2/3 majority that request a new Name Giver, there will be a vote (See subesction D. I.)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Metaslature v2.0! (Turn 3 Phase II - "Discussion")
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 01:26:49 pm »

Turn 3
Phase II - "Discussion"

We can start voting now! Hurrah!

The Propositions

307 - Votes belonging to an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL shall count as 3.

308 - I propose that rule 305 shall become immutable.

309 - Rule 101.B shall state - "If two Rules conflict with each other, the Rule with the lowest Ordinal Reference must be followed, unless a contrary priority is otherwise explicitly stated in the Rules."

310 - When tallying the votes, only the votes that were given will be counted, and any Players who did not participate have effectively abstained from voting. The majority of support and unanimity of support shall be calculated by only those votes tallied. This rule takes precedence over any conflicting rule.

311. - Dispute of Rules
311.A - Any difference in opinion of how a Rule or how several Rules should be interpreted can be solved by a Dispute.
311.B - Any Player can call for a Dispute, and if another Player with a differing opinion agrees that one is needed, the following happens in order.
311.B.1 - Play and regular Phase order is paused.
311.B.2 - All parties to the Dispute cite the Rule(s) in question and explain how they themselves would interpret it, listing all relevant occasions of the how the Rule was used previously.
311.B.3 - The Judge will make a decision on how it should hereto and forever be interpreted.
311.B.4 - If the Judge's wisdom is questioned by all parties of the Dispute, a vote for a Repeal is called.
311.B.5.a - The Repeal will be voted on for exactly 24 hours.
311.B.5.b - If the Repeal is supported unanimously, the Judge's decision is revoked, and the Dispute returns to B.2. Otherwise, Dispute continues to B.6.
311.B.6 - If all parties of the Dispute feel that the Rule needs its wording changed to reflect its meaning, the Judge will propose a Rewrite.
311.B.6.a - The Rewrite will be submitted and voted on for exactly 24 hours.
311.B.6.b - If the Rewrite is supported unanimously, the Judge will apply the Rewrite to the Rules.
311.B.6.c - Either pass or fail, the Dispute continues at B.7.
311.B.7 - The Dispute is concluded, and play and regular Phase order is resumed.
311.C - The Judge cannot call or agree to a Dispute.

312 - To obtain any points in a round, a player must vote in that round.

313 - A player who successfully nominates an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL shall become an AERIAL STRATOMANCER.

314 - A player may sacrifice a proposition to gain 1 extra point.

315 - I propose that no rules relating to special titles be immutable.

316 - The following shall be added to Rule 105. This Amendment is designed to prevent a long list of '3xx' Rules.

105.E - The first digit of each Rule's Ordinal Reference shall be termed a 'Category Number.' Categories shall be defined as blocks of Rules with similar purposes, and shall be listed under 105.F.
105.E.I - Propositions may be assigned a Category Number as they are proposed. They shall still receive an Ordinal Reference as decribed in Rule 102.B.III, but they shall be moved to their proper place in the Rules immediately upon Ratification.
105.F - The Categories
105.F.I - Category Number 1 shall be reserved for Rules which outline the basics of how the game of Metaslature works.
105.F.II - Category Number 2 shall be reserved for scoring Rules.
105.F.III - Category Number 3 shall be reserved for Propositions and Amendments which have not yet been assigned a Category.

317 - This one frees up Category Number 3. Should Proposition 316 pass, Rule 102.B.III shall be amended to read as follows:

102.B.III - A new Proposition will have a number for reference. The Ordinal Reference shall begin with 001, and each Proposition shall receive the next successive integer, whether or not the Proposal is adopted.
102.B.III.a - For the purpose of determining Rule precedence, Ordinal References beginning with the number 0 shall be treated as having a higher Ordinal Reference than those beginning with the number 9: in effect, they shall be treated as beginning with the number 10.
102.B.III.b - The Category Number of Propositions and Amendments which have not yet been assigned a Category shall be 0, not 3 as stated in Rule 105.F.III.
102.B.III.c - Upon Ratification of this Proposition, all Rules and Propositions with an Ordinal Reference beginning with 3 shall have their Ordinal Reference changed such that they begin with 0.

318 - Let's make this game a bit more interesting, shall we?

318.A - Should a Player at any time violate a Rule, between one and ten points shall be deducted from their Score, depending on how great a violation was committed. The vast majority of cases should result in a deduction of less than five points.
318.A.I - The Judge shall have the final word regarding Rule 320.A, and shall decide the amount of points to be deducted, if any.

319 - Rule 104.A.II.b shall be amended to read as follows:

104.A.II.b - Players will vote either "Yea" or "Nay" on each Proposition.

320 - When the game is won, a new game instantly begins, and the player(s) who won the game becomes an EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL.

321 - I propose the role of Name Givers;
 A. There can only be one Name Giver at any one given point.
 B. If there is no Name Giver, a vote can be called to nominate one.
  I. This vote will last 24 hours.
  II. All Vote Bonuses are negated for the sake of this vote
  III. You cannot vote for yourself.
  IV. The winner of this vote becomes the Name Giver
  V. A tie results in no Name Giver being elected, and the game carries on as normal.
 C. A Name Giver must give a name to every rule.
 D. A name giver can step down at any point.
  I. When he/she does, a vote is immediately cast for a new Name Giver.
   i. The old Name Giver cannot be re-elected in this way.
 E. If, after 4 turns, a player wishes for a new Name Giver, there will be a vote.
  I. The Name Giver cannot participate in this vote.
  II. If there is a 2/3 majority that request a new Name Giver, there will be a vote (See subesction D. I.)

Phase Status Changes
Wimdit, First Participation(R202), +5 Points
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:24:23 am by Tylui »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8