Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: MekHQ - "Just how does it work?" edition  (Read 72479 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: MekHQ - "Just how does it work?" edition
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2021, 11:54:04 am »

Are there any mods to be found? Mainly, there are too few faces so they keep repeating after a while, is there a mod that adds more?

Also, what happens if I breach a contract? Will my employer/Com Star go after me? What if it happens several times? Will I have to escape to the periphery?

1) I think you can find portrait packs somewhere.  I'm pretty sure that is what they're called.

2) I wish.  From what I understand, that part of the game you as the player has to role-play yourself.
What I know is that a single contract breach probably just reduces your reputation (Dragoon Score).  There are rules so that you have to role a dice and turn pirate if you roll worse than the breach, but I doubt they're implemented in the game.  But hey, if you think you did bad enough that your mercenary company has "gone rogue", then feel free to use the optional pirate rules!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2023, 06:03:26 am »

A new snapshot was released recently, it can be downloaded at the link. Reminder that you need an appropriate Java Runtime Environment to open the program.
https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/releases/tag/v0.49.12
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2023, 11:56:19 am »

It had been a long time i haven't played Megamek, so i just tried vs 4 Princess (as for performance it's advised to add more than 1 Pirincess bot and assign each only 1 mech then set all those princess on the same team for your 4 vs 4 mechs skirmish) that new release and noticed there have been a noticable graphic upgrade on the mechs.

You can even notice which mech is damaged and which is not from their visual now.

In term of UI it's still painful as you often need to close window that popup regularly at every turns or mechs play (and tell you results of every dice roll) in order to continue. I would have prefered a art of the UI dedicaced to those dice rolls and results instead of those window constantly popping up.

In the changelog of the few recent dev version there's mention they added support to Alpha Strike.
I assume it is a reference to this
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/142526/battletech-alpha-strike
BattleTech: Alpha Strike is a fast-playing form of the BattleTech game of futuristic, armored combat. Developed for the modern tabletop miniatures wargamer, this book brings players the ability to wage war on land, sea, and air using the Quick-Strike game system in BattleTech: Strategic Operations. BattleTech: Alpha Strike, like its forerunner Quick-Strike, draws upon a hybridization of the BattleForce rules also available in Strategic Operations, together with the miniature game rules presented in that same volume which allow for hexless terrain play. BattleTech: Alpha Strike includes support for both hex-based and hexless game play.

In BattleTech: Alpha Strike, themed around the Clan Invasion, each BattleMech (or other game unit) is represented using a series of Unit Cards, which are highly abstracted derivations of the respective Record Sheet for each unit in "classic" BattleTech. (While BattleForce uses the same abstraction to group 'Mechs into lances, Stars, centuries, or level IIs, BattleTech: Alpha Strike should treat each 'Mech as an individual unit.)

As with "classic" BattleTech, a player's goal is to use his force to achieve his objectives, which generally involves the defeat or destruction of opposing forces. However, the game's use of BattleForce Unit Cards and rule options allow it to play at a much faster (though less intricately detailed) level of play than "classic" BT. Complete with sample armies and a ready-to-play campaign system, all you need besides this book are dice, miniatures, and tabletop terrain to fight for control over the Inner Sphere on land, sea, and air – one world at a time!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 11:59:07 am by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2023, 05:12:02 pm »

Actual Alphastrike gameplay is probably years away though, from what I gathered.

I guess you mean the window that pops up if for example a piloting roll fails and your hover skids, or your mech doesn't manage to stand up? Because it doesn't show up for me for successful roles.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2023, 07:23:02 pm »

On my quick battles i didn't noticed anything different than before, in term of gameplay i mean as the UI slightly changed and you can see some paper-like stat page for a mech when you right click on it, maybe this is what they call the "alpha strike" cards.
But in gameplay that's the same old (at least for the options i used, Game Options -> Initiative Rules having all simultaneous enabled and disabled team initiative in the basic game options , all of this because it improve the bot turn time)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]