Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gold  (Read 702 times)

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
Gold
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:43 am »

The interface is terribly incomplete, variable neighborhoods aren't just finished yet, and I need to get the frame rate limiter working how I want it, but other than that this little project of mine is finished. I figure I'll make a bit of a release now in case I don't finish it :P

Left and right click to change cells, the squares at the bottom are your selection. Right or left click them to change what you're placing. Hold space to simulate or press period to do one step. Press x to reset the field. Specify what rules file to load in rules.txt, you can find them all and some documentation in the rules\ folder. The "Neighborhood" command doesn't actually do anything yet, but everything else is accurate.

The default ruleset is John Conway's Game of Life. (B3/S23)

Download

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:51:09 am by madk »

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
Re: Gold
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:06:12 pm »

That looks pretty cool.

Games of life are always interesting.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:41:01 pm »

Cellular automata, my one relentless love.  So, apart from interface changes, you are pretty much done with this?  What's next, if anything?
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »

I've already got a few under-the-hood improvements, along with some friendlier modding. But yeah, once the UI is prettied up it'll be considered finished. Also, I'm debating whether to support 1D automata, in addition to the current 2, based on how compatible it would still be with the current modding command set.