Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After the intermissions, whom should we follow?

A kobold shaman, trying desperately to understand the meaning of a vision of blood.
- 16 (22.5%)
A freed elf slave, trying and failing to adjust to a life without chains, consumed by hunger for power.
- 9 (12.7%)
A human soldier, cast out from the military when the war came to an end, trying to make his way but gripped by avarice.
- 18 (25.4%)
A lone dwarf, trying to piece together meaning from the engravings of ancient ruins.
- 28 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Goblin Manor (Fortress) - Wardedhawks, The Home of Heroes  (Read 17095 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Manor (Fortress) - Wardedhawks, The Home of Heroes
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2010, 04:42:22 pm »

1st Slate, 368

Dear Master Wardedhawks,

As per your instructions, graves have been dug and the bodies buried.  Is this usual practice for elves?  I thought they just left the bodies to decay.

We have set up a small shelter within Strapnights itself, just at the uppermost level to save time while we work at levelling out the ground.  Work on the foundations should be complete within the month, whereupon work on the lower rooms can begin.

Kind regards,

-Rane Wipedsnack, Foreman
The Wealthy Labours

P.S.  One of the men swore he saw a giant eagle the other day.  Is there something we should know about?

14th Slate, 368

Miss Wipedsnack,

No, it is not usual practice, but they happen to be friends.  I say friends, I mean misguided fools who died trying to steal my glory, but it amounts to the same thing.  They died in battle, so they get burials.  Deal with it.

When you can, seal off the lower regions of Strapnight.  There are at least trolls down there and you don't need the hassle, believe me.

-Rakust Wardedhawks

P.S.  Also, a month?  We're barely two months into the project and you're already over-running!  Get to it, woman.

P.P.S.  Yes, there's a few eagle nests nearby.  Just keep out of their way and you'll be fine.  They're not that tough.

1st Haematite, 368

Dear Master Wardedhawks,

Work has begun in earnest on the lower levels.  The walls and base chert flooring is complete, with second floor/roof work underway.  Once the initial rooms are done, we'll move into the servants' quarters and out of the cave.

Speaking of the cave, we've heard footsteps down there, and when Ido went to investigate he could have sworn he saw nail marks on the walls.  You said there were trolls down there, right?  Are they likely to be a problem?

Kind regards,
The Wealthy Labours

18th Haematite, 368

Miss Wipedsnack,

Seal off the lower caverns immediately and begin constructing basic defences.  I suggest some sort of basic axe or rock-fall trap.  They are not difficult to make and will most probably save your life and my property.

Furthermore, additional labour is now en-route, as the Guild representatives have taken sufficient bribes to sanction their travel papers.  I swear, if I have to suffer one more gods-damned bureaucratic mishap, I will take someone's eye out, have it cast in glass and use it as a paperweight.

-Rakust Wardedhawks

25th Haematite, 368

Dear Master Wardedhawks,

I am somewhat concerned about the safety of my crew.  We were led to understand that trolls would not venture near the surface, yet there was definitely one in the section tentatively reserved for a wine cellar.  As per your suggestion, fall traps are being looked into, but if we had been aware of this we would have required a danger pay clause.

The additional labourers have arrived, though not materials.  We are close to exhausting the local trees, as this was never a particularly wooded area in the first place.  I strongly advise arrangements be made for further lumber to be delivered to the site or we will have to continue work in the local stone.

The cook amongst the labourers is particularly welcome, though I am dismayed to learn that only a party of four was available to travel.  We are going to need considerably more hands to finish this work on schedule.

Given the state of available food, the cook and miller have both been assigned to developing the vegetable garden months ahead of schedule.  We need to eat here, especially with these new mouths.

Kind regards,

The Wealthy Labours
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2010, 09:27:54 pm »

good work, wanna see next update!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »

It sounds like there are multiple paths to Fun right now for the goblin manor. Whether the foreman can handle the unreasonable conditions that may arise, or whether they will die trying.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2010, 07:05:30 pm »

bump for greatness!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2010, 06:41:30 pm »

I am posting to follow.  This is a very enjoyable story.
Also known as Zuhayr.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2010, 08:00:52 pm »

meed nore STORIEZ!!!

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2010, 02:17:58 am »

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »

This is so beautiful.
Also, I am surely not the only one to notice that there is a resemblance between our protagonist and a well known drow.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2010, 10:47:40 pm »

woah! sudden call for dwarf!
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:42 am »

Is there any chance that Act II will, instead of taking the highest voted, will take the votes as proportions?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2010, 05:57:20 pm »

Look at you, telling a tale of such epic proportions that I can no longer resist joining the forums.

Posting to follow.

Eradacater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »

I cannot wait for the next epic tale
Lava trap = Fun
Drowning trap = fun
Fight pit = fun
Orbital magma cannon = more fun than most can handle

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2010, 07:23:34 am »

I cannot wait for the next epic tale
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2010, 09:18:27 pm »

It has been a while...

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2010, 10:02:14 pm »

someone pm the OP.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9