Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire  (Read 324079 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire
« Reply #630 on: January 09, 2011, 02:13:10 am »

This is a Necro'd Thread all craftdwarfship was of the highest quality.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:07 am »

This is a thread that needs occasional necroposting.

It is the original spire.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 09, 2011, 10:10:33 am »

Wath a lucky guy.... adamantine can be used for everithing (xcept beds) , and its xtreemly valuable
Desu

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 09, 2011, 10:12:17 am »

And the demons that show up when he digs too much of it vanish from existence.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 09, 2011, 12:14:12 pm »

Make it into a trap, have it collapse on the heads of enemies. That way, they can be honored by having such a structure collapse on them... all 2212 z-levels of it. If only it was slade held up by some other material, since then it would be heavy enough to continue down the rest of the world, break into HFS, and go on...

I do not want a trap that when triggered ends the world any more than I want a flyswatter that would kill the fly by crushing my neighborhood.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #635 on: January 09, 2011, 03:36:35 pm »

Make it into a trap, have it collapse on the heads of enemies. That way, they can be honored by having such a structure collapse on them... all 2212 z-levels of it. If only it was slade held up by some other material, since then it would be heavy enough to continue down the rest of the world, break into HFS, and go on...

I do not want a trap that when triggered ends the world any more than I want a flyswatter that would kill the fly by crushing my neighborhood.
Which is to say that you want it very much.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 09, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »

you're no dwarf...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #637 on: January 09, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »

you're no dwarf...
Or he is very dwarfy. It depends if he wants the Total Local Structural, Terrain, And Fly Destroyer... (TLSAFD)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2011, 11:03:06 pm »

you're no dwarf...
Or he is very dwarfy. It depends if he wants the Total Local Structural, Terrain, And Fly Destroyer... (TLSAFD)

Give me a swatter long enough, and a place to stand, and I will crush the world?

Naw, it's more I want to enjoy the ensuing destruction. Can't do that while Swatted.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 24, 2011, 01:52:28 pm »

Judging from attempts so far, it's more like a flyswatter that kills the fly by destroying Time itself.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:36 am »

I just realized what this implies!!!!
It's adamantine all the way down.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 20, 2011, 06:08:34 am »

I just realized what this implies!!!!
It's adamantine all the way down.

Well NAW.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:00 am »

And up, it looks like. Reminds me of a Ted Chiang short story about the tower of babel.
[/quote]

Nightwind

• Bay Watcher
  • The wind has no destination
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:53 am »

I just have to say, seeing this linked from TVtropes has me playing again.

GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 07, 2011, 12:15:09 am »

I just have to say, seeing this linked from TVtropes has me playing again.
You left out the link back to TVtropes to suck more people in. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45