Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire  (Read 324367 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire
« Reply #645 on: March 07, 2011, 12:19:12 am »

A grievous oversight.  I'll fix it:

Here it is

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 07, 2011, 03:11:14 am »

there is a map in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67846.0 this thread that has at least 2 of these and much magma .
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67846.75 page with pictures in visualisers is here
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 07, 2011, 07:51:48 am »

3 spires actually except not as high, but, it's totally PLAYABLE! at least when you clear out the magma using dfliquids..
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Twisted Mansions

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Fortress: Where Failing is rewarding
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:19 am »

It seems to me you've found a Dwarf Fortress version of the Marker lol
Dwarf Fortress: Where Epic Fail becomes Epic stories.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 07, 2011, 12:09:51 pm »

3 spires actually except not as high, but, it's totally PLAYABLE! at least when you clear out the magma using dfliquids..
that is always a bad idea, unless you like !!Starting Seven!!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Boes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »

I found one in 31.19 that had two spires both 200+ z levels above ground, and descending 100 or so into the ground.
In this case it is unplayable due to the magma sea and hell being generated on top of each other.
I tried to use dfliquids to clear the lava from hell however, it drained my volcano as well in the process..
I am uploading the save to dffd if anybody wants it..

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3922
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:37:20 pm by Boes »
Life has a 100% mortality rate.

MightyJAK

• Bay Watcher
  • MightyJAK makes his own gravy.
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress DONE countdown
« Reply #651 on: April 22, 2011, 09:31:19 am »

Anybody played OP's world in Adventurer mode? I've never experienced HFS, so when I played this map, and dug into the cotton candy as soon as I could. After the fortress was wiped out by clowns, I started an adventurer, choosing "Human, Play Now!" (or Human outsider I think it's called now) to start at the last fortress. Instead of starting on ground level near the dorf's fort, I was on a 1-square ledge with the clown's fort to the left and a yawning abyss (too deep to see the bottom) to the right. The program's RAM usage spike up to 1.5M and my fps was something like 3 frames per MINUTE, the program crashed before I could take more than 2 steps (which took about 15 minutes). I started another new adventurer choosing a human from the town a ways north from the fortress, and the ground was all cracked and the game started with the "You have discovered an eerie cavern..vortices of purple light..glowing pits..yada,yada" message. Again my RAM got eaten and the game crashed before I could do anything. So it looks like that initial cave-in affected a VERY large part of the world around the embark (if the spire is the center of the cave-in).

Theory:
I'm guessing there was a large section of the map with full cavern openness and no passage density (kinda like this: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/File:Open100Density00.jpg) in all 3 cavern levels. Without enough natural rock pillars (and adamant spires) to hold it up, the weight of the surface caused it to crash through the empty caverns leaving the adamant spire as the only remnant of the caverns. Or maybe the magma sea in that area drained away for some reason, IDK.
Quote from: Toady One
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
Quote from: Demon
But when will the game be done!?
Eight years.
So Dwarf Fortress will be done on Friday, September 14, 2012.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 07, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

Fuck. Yes.

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2011, 11:42:55 am »

Fools! You have found Kadath in the Cold Waste, not far from the forbidden plateau of Leng! Atop this titanic spire-like mountain, who's very foothills are surrounded by the clouds is a massive citadel. Within that dark castle that reaches up to the aether of space itself, the gods of that world frolic in their eldritch and horrendous ways. Turn back now, lest the gods take insult at your folly, and put upon your party a fate worse than death.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2011, 02:55:32 pm »

Holy Hell!

You found a relic of the Ancients, they called it a Spaece E'leva-tor. Climb it and reach the heavens, then dig a stairwell down, down down...

You know what must be done:

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:20 pm »

OH MY GOD!!!
IT' ADAMANTINE ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKY!!! :o
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

DrCoconut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 28, 2011, 02:21:49 pm »

Hi, im able to get it running on winblows decently fine, i dont have the fps count because i more or less booted up df on a whim when a friend mentioned it crashed most computers and there hasent been a single windows one running it yet.

Screen shots!
http://tinypic.com/r/2dv6ipu/7

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »

Hi, im able to get it running on winblows decently fine, i dont have the fps count because i more or less booted up df on a whim when a friend mentioned it crashed most computers and there hasent been a single windows one running it yet.

Screen shots!
http://tinypic.com/r/2dv6ipu/7

Can't help but notice that you haven't actually dug or built anything.  There were a few that managed to get it to run a little bit, but at godawful fps, and without any designations (trees, mining) working.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

DrCoconut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 29, 2011, 02:16:28 am »

Ive heard somewhere that you have to wait two migrate waves before they decide to pick up there tools, i designated them to mine out the side of the vein, and left it for a bout a half hour. My idlers jumped up and down from 7 -4 but none of them wanted to mine out the designation, i was able to designate the tree chopping and all that jazz, yet none of them feel like doing it. They mainly walk up and down around the embark zone. Ill try it with dwarftherapist tommorow

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 09, 2012, 03:28:12 am »

Any more updates on this? 

Ps.  Where's that save-file again?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45