Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire  (Read 324622 times)

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire
« Reply #450 on: July 24, 2010, 10:17:06 pm »

:o  They're mining!  They're mining!  I just had to survive until the second wave of immigrants, which came in mid-Autumn.  Now to save-scum before experimenting with what happens if I undermine the adamantine tower.
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 24, 2010, 10:27:01 pm »

You should upload the save to dffd. For love of dwarfkind! (not that my computer will run it.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2010, 12:27:35 am »

:o  They're mining!  They're mining!  I just had to survive until the second wave of immigrants, which came in mid-Autumn.  Now to save-scum before experimenting with what happens if I undermine the adamantine tower.

Oh hells yes.

Have you transferred to 3-11? I noticed when I did with an old save, it fixed all sorts of problems with no militia captains in the noble screen, and pathfinding difficulties, and stuff. Maybe it'll get rid of the excess empty z-levels too!

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2010, 01:14:24 am »

You should upload the save to dffd. For love of dwarfkind! (not that my computer will run it.)

:D  As you asked, so answered:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2804

I did upgrade to 31-11.  I don't know if that affects whether you can also use this updated save in 31.10.

The will mine, but they still won't cut trees, even after I discovered the real underground cavern.  So use your wood wisely (you can deconstruct some of my stuff and rebuild it now with stone to get back some logs).  The caravan is very late, not arriving until almost winter, but they do eventually arrive, and a good thing too because supplies will run low.  Build some adamantine mechanisms to trade with them - one +Adamantine Mechanism+ is work 22K!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2010, 01:21:24 am »

I would also suggest turning off invaders. You don't want more FPS drain than you already have, and that stuff's going to start looking like easy pickings for the goblins and kobolds.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2010, 01:24:31 am »

Holy crap this save is so bugged you can dig down into
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and not encounter any
.  Actually I saw a few when I made a fortification into the tube in the beginning, and they wandered off and haven't come back!  The regular stones go all the way down too; there's dirt floors on the same Z-level with
!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 25, 2010, 02:26:25 am »

Mine was sort of bugged. I'm not gonna bother to spoiler this; avert your eyes.

I dug down, encountered the caverns and then hit the magma sea. The weird thing? As I breached the magma sea, I breached hell. My magma sea was pouring into hell.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #457 on: July 25, 2010, 07:00:00 am »

I dug down, encountered the caverns and then hit the magma sea. The weird thing? As I breached the magma sea, I breached hell. My magma sea was pouring into hell.
That's even more awesome than draining the ocean into Hell.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 25, 2010, 07:03:17 am »

That's even more awesome than draining the ocean into Hell.

Of course, this just means you have to drain the ocean into hell as well. But there is no ocean near the spire. Damn.

The Spire reminds me of The Spire from Fable 2, except awesome and a glitch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2010, 08:38:02 am »

The Spire reminds me of The Spire from Fable 2, except awesome and a glitch.
The Tattered Spire? Yeah, that occurred to me too a while ago.

Pity we don't know how to use it. Unless Denito wished "I wish I could mine here".
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 25, 2010, 08:46:45 am »

Pity we don't know how to use it. Unless Denito wished "I wish I could mine here".
But then, in the event we're going evidence with .23a, this is just one big mass hallucination and/or demon magic altered tower of galenia. Still cool, but damn if that isn't absurd bait. Really, this would be a great demon plan if it wasn't a glitch. People build up their lives around this giant tower of supermetal, using it and using it untill they mine it down to hell... at which point the stuff that the've been using for everything all turns into useless silver and the demons kill everyone.

Wait. In Fable 2, Lucien had to work thousands of people to death to make The Spire work. Perhaps our Spire will respond to the same treatment. Let the mass dwarven sacrifice begin!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #461 on: July 25, 2010, 08:57:44 am »

Let the mass dwarven sacrifice begin!
Begin? When did it end?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 25, 2010, 09:02:34 am »

Let the mass dwarven sacrifice begin!
Begin? When did it end?
When we were distracted by the giant fucking pillar of adamantine.

Unrelated: I wonder if anyone has enough processing power to survive cutting out a bottom layer of The Spire?
No Gods, No Masters.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 25, 2010, 10:26:30 am »

I seriously doubt it.  Just *ordering* a tile to be mined causes it to crash for me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 25, 2010, 10:31:27 am »

Well, in the event anyone has a supercomputer/can run Crysis, they should try it.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45