Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire  (Read 322615 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire
« Reply #660 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:50 am »

There have been a few more spires like this one, including ones that are actually playable. This one is dead, Jim.

Of course I can't find any of them right now. Damnit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:33:59 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 09, 2012, 03:46:23 am »

Do i smell necromancy?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 09, 2012, 01:25:48 pm »

Indeed. A terrible crime it is.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #663 on: February 09, 2012, 02:11:37 pm »

Do i smell hear necromancy?

Nope, just the sound of a glacier bumping into a boulder made out of volatile explosives.

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 09, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »

Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines

Dez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 22, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »

Just encountered this for the first time, I'm not a heavy DF player or anything so I didn't know that it was "a thing". I had a collapse right at the the start of the embark and I was pleased to see that it was adamantine (on the surface no less, wow I must be really lucky). I hadn't played DF in over a year so I didn't think +900Z was out of the ordinary.

I started my initial dig with plan number one being building a bridge to get over the river to that adamantine. I was getting <5fps, so I tried toggling some options and restarting for about 30 minutes to no avail. I generated a new world and embarked. FPS was all right in that world, so it had to be something related to the other world itself. Around then it started to click that +900Z might be slightly out of the ordinary. I googled adamantine spire dwarf fortress on a hunch and wound up here.

Pic of the tip: http://i.imgur.com/BYfd7.png
The Region w/ active embark: http://www.mediafire.com/?st1n7se5g48y0vz

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 22, 2012, 09:03:20 pm »

Try to dig out all the admantine at ground level for dorf !!SCIENCE!! and see if FPS improves when the dust clears? :-D
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »

great idea!!!!!!!!!
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

FruitBird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 30, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=2692
Used the following link to have a crack at this incredible world, but when i loaded the game there was no sign of the active save or world it mentioned.
"is this a game or are you trying to describe quantum physics to me holy shit" Friends reaction to me describing DF

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 30, 2016, 05:12:07 pm »

Used the following link to have a crack at this incredible world, but when i loaded the game there was no sign of the active save or world it mentioned.

Note that the post just prior to yours was four years ago, and the OP was two years before that.

You'll probably want to try loading it in one of the 2010 releases.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

FruitBird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 30, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Note that the post just prior to yours was four years ago, and the OP was two years before that.

You'll probably want to try loading it in one of the 2010 releases.

It seems like I have the right version, theres just no save file for the spire world in them.
"is this a game or are you trying to describe quantum physics to me holy shit" Friends reaction to me describing DF

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 30, 2016, 05:28:38 pm »

Did you unzip the folder into data/save? Works fine for me.

Maybe it needs version 31.10, and won't work on anything else?
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

FruitBird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 30, 2016, 05:30:19 pm »

Did you unzip the folder into data/save? Works fine for me.

Maybe it needs version 31.10, and won't work on anything else?

The folder I received unzipped into a copy of the game itself, unless I did something wrong?

FruitBird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 30, 2016, 05:31:33 pm »

Never mind, had downloaded the wrong file. Bit of a mixup. It's sunday morning here, brain is not good.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]