Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Hello everybody!  (Read 31537 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2010, 09:06:21 pm »

Hello and welcome to the Bay12 forum! Since you're new, you should be introduced to THE PECKING ORDER. 'Tis as follows:

bluh bluh bluh bullshit posting order
Fix'd

Seriously. This kind of stuff is like the one thing that bothers me about these forums. The people you actually 'should be introduced to' are Toady, ThreeToe, and Footkerchief (since he's effectively the one B12 mod and also some kind of dapper cyborg). You can make your own personal connections to the rest of the forum one at a time without being told who's "popular" :\

(also, someone totally called Foot a troll the other day, it was just outright hilarious)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:57 pm »

(also, someone totally called Foot a troll the other day, it was just outright hilarious)

I need to see this. I beg you, give me a link.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 09:09:51 pm »

I need to see this. I beg you, give me a link.

:D

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2010, 09:10:47 pm »

You can summon Footcherchief simply by saying "but I can't be bothered to check".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 09:11:54 pm »

He doesn't confuse millimeters with inches either.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:29 pm »

Hello and welcome to the Bay12 forum! Since you're new, you should be introduced to THE PECKING ORDER. 'Tis as follows:

bluh bluh bluh bullshit posting order
Fix'd

Seriously. This kind of stuff is like the one thing that bothers me about these forums. The people you actually 'should be introduced to' are Toady, ThreeToe, and Footkerchief (since he's effectively the one DF B12 mod and also some kind of dapper cyborg). You can make your own personal connections to the rest of the forum one at a time without being told who's "popular" :\
Fixed that for you. While Footkerchief is pretty much the unofficial mod of the DF sub-forums, Kurtulmak and Jonathan S. Fox are official mods.

You can summon Footcherchief simply by saying "but I can't be bothered to check".
Let us observe the wild Foot and watch what happens.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 09:14:26 pm »

And MetalSlimeHunt lost serious respect for x2yzh9. And x2yzh9 knew the name of the King.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2010, 09:16:12 pm »

And MetalSlimeHunt lost serious respect for x2yzh9. And x2yzh9 knew the name of the King.
Hehe, I know what reference you're making.  But somehow I'm not dead, yah.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2010, 10:40:00 pm »

Oh snap, he called Footkerchief a troll? Obvious sign he's never actually been to the upper fora.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2010, 10:55:57 pm »

Was that the smoking thing?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2010, 10:56:54 pm »

Was that the smoking thing?

No, it was in that Petra person's blawgthread.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2010, 02:51:36 am »

It's kind of weird how the guy with random characters for a username actually called someone else a troll.

Also, this thread has just been derailed.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 03:16:05 am »

Footkerchief is no more a troll than a line of extremely advanced coding is an orclike being with regenerative properties and a weakness to fire.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2010, 03:46:20 am »

Obviously, since trolls are ogrelike. Footkerchief is a total troll, going around, posting smart-ass quotes, shooting down perfectly good suggestions we've never heard before, ever.

Me? I'm not a troll. I'm Satan's defense attorney. The difference being one is a profession and the other is mental sickness.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2010, 03:48:22 am »

Obviously, since trolls are ogrelike. Footkerchief is a total troll, going around, posting smart-ass quotes, shooting down perfectly good suggestions we've never heard before, ever.

Dammit, you know no one can detect sarcasm on the internets.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9