Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strangest merchant cargo?  (Read 14244 times)

elfhater

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine vino non laboro.
    • View Profile
Strangest merchant cargo?
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:00:11 am »

A caravan from the Mountainhomes recently thought I'd be interested in purchasing a dozen barrels of cat blood. Apparently they have catsplosion issues too.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest merchant cargo?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:02:06 am »

heh BLOOD FOR TEH BLOOD GOD

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 05:49:19 am »

Someone had antbrains some time ago
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 06:10:07 am »

For some reason, it's the cardinal blood that always gets me.  Who hates cardinals so much that they fill barrels with cardinal blood?  Who is even that good at catching cardinals?
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:11:18 am »

I'm guessing the barrels are also filled with cardinal bits. Because there's no way anyone's patient enough to juice all those birds one by one. They probably went with the wine-press method.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 07:07:18 am »

Few versions ago I had a tigerman administrator brought to me by the elves, he had a name and was a very sad beastieman.  He died in the winter when the last tiny pool iced over and he refused to drink from the caverns.   I felt so pissed at the elves, it was when they had the trade bug and brought piles of stuff, I was grinning like a madman at all the giant Lions and there was the poor tigerman beancounter.  A living testament to the evil of elves. 
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 08:04:16 am »

The most recent trade caravan from the humans brought me a barrel of Liquid.  Not booze or milk or syrup or even blood.  It's just a barrel containing a stack of Liquid.  I bought it, of course.  Now I need to figure out what to do with it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 08:20:07 am »

See if you can get someone to drink it. Probably boil to death on contact due to unspecified material values.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 08:24:43 am »

i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died :( i was sad :(
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:27:56 am »

i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died :( i was sad :(

I'm gonna sig that, because it made me giggle.

Has anyone else had sapients-as-cargo lately? I certainly haven't, though it may be because my elves are quite dead.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:06:22 am »

obscure sig, but the first

anyway

i thinkyou get animals from the elves based on where your traders live, if they live in conifer, expect black bears and hoary marmots

if they live in tropical expect monkeys and tigermen

lucky my elf traders live in savage tropical, apparently, because i have quite a few giant tigers and the sorts
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 09:29:08 am »

Best I've seen:

Barrels of butterfly icor - can you imagine how many butterflies it must take?

stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 09:30:45 am »

stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

The king probably didn't have the heart to tell him that he'd wanted Dragon brains. Poor guy probably looked so pleased with himself.

Ceaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 11:12:54 am »

Slightly off topic, but if you get male and female tigermen will they breed?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 11:16:12 am »

Slightly off topic, but if you get male and female tigermen will they breed?
Most likely.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: [1] 2