Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strangest merchant cargo?  (Read 14752 times)

Ceaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest merchant cargo?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 11:29:36 am »

Hmmm, hopefully it won't take them 12 years to mature then.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 11:41:30 am »

probably skips baby phase and goes to child phase
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 01:12:19 pm »

Slightly off topic, but if you get male and female tigermen will they breed?

Yes. I have a breeding pair right now in 31.10 and they have had three tigerman cubs. Its been a couple years and they havent matured yet. They even get real dwarflike names. Its weird since none of my tigermen drink booze, instead they always go to a murky pool or well. I wish there was something I could do with them.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 01:15:20 pm »

if you dont have a baron yet i think you could make one a baron when the liason asks you
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 01:17:17 pm »

It was also possible in 40d for stray tame intelligent creatures to be elected mayor.  I don't know how likely it is to happen with tigermen, but in my last 40d fortress I used Dwarf Companion to hack a visiting friendly Ancient Vampire (Dig Deeper megabeast) into a member of my civilization.  She was promptly elected Mayor.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 07:28:51 pm »

Useful. Dig Deeper vampires breathe fire.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 10:23:33 pm »

Guess what happens when you don't fulfill their mandates? :P

Anyways, I once got elf leather from the elves. I never imagined they were THAT fucked up, but they were out to make a fool of me that day.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 11:16:36 pm »

Along the lines of the bug parts, I received a stack of 5 firefly hearts from a human caravan once. I say "received" because after spending 10 minutes trying to figure out why anyone would want to take the time and effort to do that, I bought them. Think I still have a screenshot lying around somewhere...
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »

Along the lines of the bug parts, I received a stack of 5 firefly hearts from a human caravan once. I say "received" because after spending 10 minutes trying to figure out why anyone would want to take the time and effort to do that, I bought them. Think I still have a screenshot lying around somewhere...

Well, they put so much effort into it. You don't really want to tell them that they're just glowing little specks now do you?

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 09:59:06 am »

Even better than the dragonfly parts are the ant parts though.  At least The Dragonfly Hunter (new series on Discovery Channel!) is running around catching dragonflies.  The Ant Hunter is sitting squatted over an anthill for days at a time, waiting for them to come out one at a time, picking it up and popping the little brain out into a barrel. I picture him in a little camouflage ant blind with a gillie suit, trying to make some kind of meaningful purpose out of the monotony.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:45 am »

Even better than the dragonfly parts are the ant parts though.  At least The Dragonfly Hunter (new series on Discovery Channel!) is running around catching dragonflies.  The Ant Hunter is sitting squatted over an anthill for days at a time, waiting for them to come out one at a time, picking it up and popping the little brain out into a barrel. I picture him in a little camouflage ant blind with a gillie suit, trying to make some kind of meaningful purpose out of the monotony.
THIS
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 [2]