Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Sleep/Eating/Drinking

(1/5) > >>

Donblas:
I think it would be more realistic and player-friendly if these activities were much shorter and more frequent. I greatly dislike that my mayor can be sleeping for a quarter of a season while a trade caravan sits outside, or the captain of my guard will sleep through half of a siege or major attack by Giant Bats.

Helmaroc:
quote:Originally posted by Donblas:
<STRONG>more frequent.</STRONG>No. No. No. No. No. And No.

Tylui:
How about, perhaps, the option to wake them up.  With the draw-back of fatigue, eventually death...  Actually that'd make killing nobles too easy.  How about eventually you just couldn't wake them? :P

Funkadelic Jive Turkey:
Seems like that'd actually be a major rewrite thing. The time it takes to do things is hardly balanced with our perception of time. And to make this stuff happen more often and not just god-awful and game breaking means you'd need to balance it in with other things. For instance:
1) The time it takes a dwarf to walk across the map and do a single job, which is already a source of frustration on larger maps.
2) Food growth vs. consumption, although right now any exp. player can create a gigantic stockpile so maybe that's not much of an issue.Ack! Company at door, sorry, but there's probably more.

Nate879:
You can already wake them up.  Destroy their bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version