Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demon or Forgotten Beast?  (Read 2013 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Demon or Forgotten Beast?
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:35 pm »

I just broke into the caverns about a month ago game time, and now I'm under seige by the goblins. However, their leader is Ostar Oruker Enorstibmer, represented by a &. I'm pretty sure FBs only come from the caverns, but I thought maybe with the caverns only just being opened it could have glitched or something.

She is mounted on a giant olm and is down as a 'master' (as opposed to spearman, lasher, etc)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Demon or Forgotten Beast?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:04:41 pm »

FB can escape from the caverns and trick civs (especially goblins) into becoming their god and leader.

How is she described, anyway? You can check the physical attributes of all creatures. Not just your dwarves.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 05:07:10 pm »

Forgotten monstrosities (or hiliarities) are represented by a random letter, I think only capitals are used to represent them. They come from deep below.

Ampersandites (&) are the ones you are dealing with here, and they come from even deeper below.

FB can escape from the caverns and trick civs (especially goblins) into becoming their god and leader.

How is she described, anyway? You can check the physical attributes of all creatures. Not just your dwarves.
Actually, I think it's just the demons which escape from the underground and trick civs, because all reported cases are ampersandites (&). Forgotten beasts don't take over. It's easy to confuse them now because both kinds are procedurally generated.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:47 pm »

"A towering, three-eyed chameleon twisted into humanoid form. It squirms and fidgets. It's burnt umber scales are blocky and close-set. Beware it's hunger for warm blood!"

Forgotten monstrosities (or hiliarities) are represented by a random letter, I think only capitals are used to represent them. They come from deep below.

Ampersandites (&) are the ones you are dealing with here, and they come from even deeper below.

Actually, I think it's just the demons which escape from the underground and trick civs, because all reported cases are ampersandites (&). Forgotten beasts don't take over. It's easy to confuse them now because both kinds are procedurally generated.

So I'm facing a demon? Oh boy..
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 05:12:57 pm »

a MOUNTED demon. Would you like minions with that?  :D
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 05:14:56 pm »

a MOUNTED demon. Would you like minions with that?  :D

All of the minions are mounted too... Giant toads, giant cave swallows, giant bats, cave crocodiles and giant olms. Fun!