Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elves and Underground Wood Cutting  (Read 4760 times)

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elves and Underground Wood Cutting
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:56:06 am »

I know elves get all pissy if you cut down trees on the surface, but is the same true of subterranean woods? Does cutting down Fungiwood and Towercaps count towards the 100 trees when they give that demand?

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Elves and Underground Wood Cutting
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:02:51 am »

Yes this counts towards your limit. Even trees you grew yourself will count (muddy area ext.).
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:10:07 am »

Drats. I was hoping the elves would be all, "What? Those underground abominations that act like trees? They're as much a crime against nature as those retched dwarves themselves are! Let them cut every last one of them down!"

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:14:35 am »

The game does not understand what the difference is between a Mushroom and a Plant.  Elves count the number of objects descibed in the game as a "Log" using their special x-ray wood-sense magic, and cannot distinguish one type of log from another.  Fortunately, if you turn all your logs into beds, barrels, bins, or burn them into charcoal right before they get there, they'll never know the difference.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:05 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.