Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Easy pet removal

(1/2) > >>

thelordberg:
A thought came to me in the shower as I watched the water spiral down, of how to eliminate unwanted, FPS draining cats. And other pets, but mostly cats.

Set up a burrow that goes through a room. Assign dorfs with unwanted pets to said burrow. Mark the door as un-pet passable (Door tightly shut) Dorfs go through, pets get stuck in the room. PULL THE LEVER, unleashing magmatic happiness or water onto said pets. (Or both and make cat statues)

Thoughts?

Terisuke:
Unwinnable.  Pets pass through doors opened by dorfs, even if it's marked as pet-passable.  Maybe if you did several passes, but it's not really feasible unless you're willing to go by luck of the draw.

existent:

--- Quote from: Terisuke on July 15, 2010, 10:54:23 pm ---Unwinnable.  Pets pass through doors opened by dorfs, even if it's marked as pet-passable.  Maybe if you did several passes, but it's not really feasible unless you're willing to go by luck of the draw.

--- End quote ---
Airlock!

just repeat this a few times, make an airlock!

--- Code: ---XDXDX
X   X
XDXDX
X   X
XDXDX
--- End code ---
D- Door
X- Wall

Astramancer:
I recall reading about a pet separator before.

Basically, you make a short path and a long path, you mark the short path as Restricted.  The dwarf goes down the long path, but the pet ignores your traffic designations and goes on the short path.

Alternately, just kill them both.  You'll get more dwarves.

Mason11987:
I have this sort of setup in my 5 tile wide hallway

d = pet-passable door
D - pet-impassable door
S = spear trap linked to a lever (each has it's own lever)
W = Walls

--- Code: ---dSD   DSd
WWW   WWW
dSD   DSd
WWW   WWW
dSD   DSd

--- End code ---

Dwarves almost always make it through D and close it before pets do.  when pets hit D closed, and d shuts, then lock both, and pull the lever until death, then unlock both and continue.

If you dont' want to wait for an opportunity, just burrow all dwarves from oneside to the other, then back, and you should get them all.

[code

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version