Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I BACKTRACED IT  (Read 1565 times)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: I BACKTRACED IT
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:22:01 am »

I find it kind of pathetic that adults take the time to troll 11 year old girls. It doesn't matter how stupid they are.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:29:55 am »

Oh, hey look, someone made a thread about another of /b/ and tumblr's attacks on someone. And is apparently in favor of it.

This shit will go down well, yes sir. I predict no drama here and I'm certainly not dubious about whether or not this breaks the forum rules.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 07:31:33 am »

That girl is perhaps one of the single most annoying individuals I have ever witnessed over the internet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:32:12 am »

Oh, hey look, someone made a thread about another of /b/ and tumblr's attacks on someone. And is apparently in favor of it.

This shit will go down well, yes sir. I predict no drama here and I'm certainly not dubious about whether or not this breaks the forum rules.
Good call
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:35 am »

I'm mostly amused by the father's response. The 11 year old girl is irrelevant. She doesn't know better.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 07:37:42 am »

Yeah, alright, that was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, sorry. Sarcasm aside, I do want to say that the reason I think this is ripe for drama is that, aside from /b/ being involved (but really, what does that mean? Not a lot, I suppose), you're openly in favor of what happened. It's not like someone in the thread isn't going to be, but you've basically opened the gates to a flamewar right off the bat.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 07:41:13 am »

Still, I don't think this girl really understands what happens when you put stuff up on the internet. Death threats, while wrong, are both hollow and common.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 07:42:07 am »

Yeah, alright, that was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, sorry. Sarcasm aside, I do want to say that the reason I think this is ripe for drama is that, aside from /b/ being involved (but really, what does that mean? Not a lot, I suppose), you're openly in favor of what happened. It's not like someone in the thread isn't going to be, but you've basically opened the gates to a flamewar right off the bat.
I not in favor of someone being harassed because they posted an incredibly obnoxious video on youtube. That happens all the time, it is inevitable with groups like /b/.

I am amused by the fact that they posted two responses and proceeded to whine and yell at the internet. As though this would do anything but make it worse.

And I thought that others here would get a kick out of the videos.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 07:43:49 am »

Addendum: I am also always amused when people say things like "I backtraced it and reported you to the cyberpolice!"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 07:44:11 am »

Still, I don't think this girl really understands what happens when you put stuff up on the internet. Death threats, while wrong, are both hollow and common.

Yep. I can't condone it and I don't like it but she really shouldn't. It's kinda depressing what people let their kids get up to.

Letting them register an account for some secluded forum under the name 'Jackrabbit' and spend the next two years making really bad jokes, for instance. It's just disturbing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:45:49 am by Jackrabbit »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 07:44:58 am »

Is it a good thing that my mental picture of 'opening the gates to a flamewar' was a pair of huge stone gates opening and spilling fire all over the place? I mean, I haven't properly played DF for months.

Seriously though, I only watched the very beginning of two of the videos, but people are going to be stupid, especially on the Internet. The best we can do is try to ignore it, then snap twenty years later and kill someone with a water-cooler tank.

Final of four ninjas: Yeah, that kid is just embarrassing himself.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 07:48:08 am »

Also, I realize she is 11 and probably unaware but should she really be in a low-cut shirt flashing bra and non-cleavage in the last two videos after what happened with the first one? Her mother should know better.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 07:55:23 am »

I just wonder, what kind of enviorment gives a 11 year old this personality? I would expect things like "Put a glock in your mouth and make a brain slushie." from a stoned fifteen year old playing Modern Warfare 2, but not from a prepubecent girl. Considering how she broke down into tears and got her father in the next video after being sent standard internet threats, I would think it to all be an act of some sort.

This gets less annoying and more disturbing as I try to think about it.
No Gods, No Masters.