Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: DFize - opensource 3D visualizer - 0.1.5 (updated 2010-08-09)  (Read 34645 times)

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFize - Realtime 3D visualizer - 0.1.5 (updated 2010-07-28)
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2010, 02:24:50 pm »

Is there any way to get this to work on 31.12?
Try with the Memory.xml from any other DFHack utility.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:37 pm »

Is there a repository for data for this yet? I have some more furniture done that I can export.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2010, 11:06:14 pm »

Okay, DFize took like ten minutes to load my ginormous map, but it's working. Kinda. The mouse cursor is stuck in the middle of the window, and if I switch to a different window (like Firefox) it won't go outside the bounds of the DFize window. So I can't reach the buttons on the sidebar to see what they do.

As for DFize itself, I started out at what appeared to be at the very bottom of my map, under all the rock and stuff. I assumed the WASD keys moved me around; moving forward didn't work (and the RF keys didn't make me go up or down, but I'm used to 3Dwarf and Visual Fortres and up and down are probably different keys in this utility), but moving sidways worked. Then I tried moving forward again, and I'm not sure what happened but it looked a bit like I fell off of something. The first post mentioned something about walking around; is it possible to switch to a fly-around mode like the other visualizers?

Also, I noticed in some of the screenshots that creatures are rendered in this visualizer, as cubes. When I figure out how to use this, will it be possible to turn those off? I really don't want my screenshots to have little cubes all over them.

Other than that, this looks very promising. It's great to have a visualizer again.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2010, 11:24:45 pm »

Okay, DFize took like ten minutes to load my ginormous map, but it's working. Kinda. The mouse cursor is stuck in the middle of the window, and if I switch to a different window (like Firefox) it won't go outside the bounds of the DFize window. So I can't reach the buttons on the sidebar to see what they do.

As for DFize itself, I started out at what appeared to be at the very bottom of my map, under all the rock and stuff. I assumed the WASD keys moved me around; moving forward didn't work (and the RF keys didn't make me go up or down, but I'm used to 3Dwarf and Visual Fortres and up and down are probably different keys in this utility), but moving sidways worked. Then I tried moving forward again, and I'm not sure what happened but it looked a bit like I fell off of something. The first post mentioned something about walking around; is it possible to switch to a fly-around mode like the other visualizers?

Also, I noticed in some of the screenshots that creatures are rendered in this visualizer, as cubes. When I figure out how to use this, will it be possible to turn those off? I really don't want my screenshots to have little cubes all over them.

Other than that, this looks very promising. It's great to have a visualizer again.
press space to unlock your mouse and turn off collisions. You're probably stuck in the rock. I had the same problem.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2010, 02:24:02 pm »

How would I go about making new materials/textures for this? I tried copying and modifying the default material but couldnt get it to show up in DFize...

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2010, 03:29:16 am »

As for DFize itself, I started out at what appeared to be at the very bottom of my map, under all the rock and stuff. I assumed the WASD keys moved me around; moving forward didn't work (and the RF keys didn't make me go up or down, but I'm used to 3Dwarf and Visual Fortres and up and down are probably different keys in this utility), but moving sidways worked. Then I tried moving forward again, and I'm not sure what happened but it looked a bit like I fell off of something.

Yeah, same problem, same fix here. We could perhaps start off at the center top of the map data? ;)

I never knew my fortress architecture was so... boring. I mean, I knew this wasn't an 'architecture' fortress, but... damn! Everything looks exactly the same!

This visualizer is hilarious. I put statues on supports in front of my gatehouse... and the statues are pretty much the only things that render. They're ROCKET STATUES! ;D

'Tired' post, perhaps I am sorry tomorrow. ... 'rocket statues'?
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2010, 03:34:48 am »

How would I go about making new materials/textures for this? I tried copying and modifying the default material but couldnt get it to show up in DFize...
really? as long as they're the same name and size, it should work. I got nw_kohaku's obsidian texture to work in lieu of the low-res stone texture.

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2010, 08:20:19 am »

Is there a repository for data for this yet? I have some more furniture done that I can export.
I had to spend more time on my day job then I thought I would this week. I'll get to work on the repository tomorrow.

Would it be possible to add Adventure mode support? It kinda loads, but spawned the camera below the ground and fell rather quickly. I couldn't figure out how to find my way back up. Perhaps on option on the left where the dwarves list is to snap to the adventurer?
I'll do a little research and see if I can detect if df is in adventure mode. Should still be possible to disable collision and fly around as you wish right now.

that's weird. I'll see if I can get some more logging enabled.

As for DFize itself, I started out at what appeared to be at the very bottom of my map, under all the rock and stuff. I assumed the WASD keys moved me around; moving forward didn't work (and the RF keys didn't make me go up or down, but I'm used to 3Dwarf and Visual Fortres and up and down are probably different keys in this utility), but moving sidways worked. Then I tried moving forward again, and I'm not sure what happened but it looked a bit like I fell off of something.

Yeah, same problem, same fix here. We could perhaps start off at the center top of the map data? ;)

I never knew my fortress architecture was so... boring. I mean, I knew this wasn't an 'architecture' fortress, but... damn! Everything looks exactly the same!

This visualizer is hilarious. I put statues on supports in front of my gatehouse... and the statues are pretty much the only things that render. They're ROCKET STATUES! ;D

'Tired' post, perhaps I am sorry tomorrow. ... 'rocket statues'?
Hahah, that sounds like fun :D

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2010, 07:37:23 pm »

Alright, it took like five minutes to load up again and another minute or two to fly all the way to the surface, but it seems to be working now. Still a few issues, though.

1) There's a few areas on the ground where the floor is missing. This isn't confined to tiles; there's just a few large swaths of floor that aren't being rendered, and the unrendered areas move when I move. I can't really describe it very well.

2) Everything that isn't a creature cube is the same color. I thought colors were added in 0.1.5?

3) There doesn't appear to be a way to turn off creature cubes. I'll accept this for now, but can this be a disablable feature at some point in the future?

In other news,

http://i34.tinypic.com/sv5g8k.jpg

BOW BEFORE MOUNT FRACTAL

Hell yeah, I haven't used a 3D visualizer in MONTHS. Can't wait until I have all sorts of abominations of stone and mortar in my new fort to take pictures of. Tunnelwound Mk. II, here we come!
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2010, 07:48:36 pm »

I won't be able to do plants. House is getting reorganized again, and school promises to be a bastard this year. Sorry.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFize - opensource 3D visualizer - 0.1.5 (updated 2010-08-09)
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2010, 01:23:54 pm »

Project is now open source. See op.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »

argh, I want to see the code, but mercurial's hanging up when I try to download the repository...

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »

argh, I want to see the code, but mercurial's hanging up when I try to download the repository...
:( I'm not too experienced with SVN but that's not likely something I have caused right?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2010, 05:19:11 pm »

no, probably not.

EDIT:
Ack. I just went right to https://dfize.googlecode.com/hg/, and that has the files, albeit not in an easy to use format, and it may just be my inexperience with the language, but if you're going to open source this, you should probably add a couple comments...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:05:08 am by nbonaparte »

BadSyntax

• Bay Watcher
  • The root of all null pointer exceptions...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2010, 09:24:02 pm »

DFHack failed to initialize...... :-/
Dasleah>   Snappleseed: if they threw up that's one hell of an orgasm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18